What's new

Canadian Marantz dealers not on Marantz website? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Why are there no Canadian dealers listed on the Marantz website? I'm sure they had Canada on there before but they don't acknowledge us now. Canada isn't listed among the countries. I guess they don't want to sell to Canadians. Har har, but seriously, I can never understand how things like that can happen. It should be there and hasn't been for a while.

Can anyone come up with a list of Marantz dealers in the Toronto area?

thanx

:)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Basically I'm looking to see if I can get my hands on a 7300 or 7300 ose. Any ideas if the 7400 is the same as the 7300 ose?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
BBR has a 7300ose. Pricey though. 2001 Audio Video just started carrying Marantz, and HiFi2000 also carries them (those are the 2 retail chains)...Great Metropolitan Sound carries Marantz, as does BBR...I'm not sure, but Eastview TV&Electronics (small family owned shop, former Energy dealer) carried them when I was there a year ago. Might want to give them a call...

BTW, H/K doesn't have dealers listed either, and they didn't grace me with a response to my inquiry about Canadian dealers.

I was looking for something around that price too, and I ended up going with a Rotel RMB-1075 amp (new) paired to a Yamaha RXV-630 I got used to act as a preamp for the time being. Total cost was around $1800CND after taxes. That puts me on a nice upgrade path to going full separates when funds allow.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The stuff I want I can't afford right now .. LOL.. so I picked up a used SR 7000 to hold me over. No more digital audio delay, hopefully equal or better sound quality, and a little better remote control. Taking the SR 6200 in under warranty to ask if the digital delay is fixable. Its not huge, but it bothers me. Before I sell it to someone else, I'd like Lenbrook to at least acknowledge the problem. Last time they did nothing. BBR probably has the 7300 ose priced for their typical clients, if you know what I mean....money to burn. I'll check into the others. At least now I've no waiting. I can watch and listen while I search for an upgrade. I barely used CS and DPL II and won't have 6.1 in my setup now, or even in the near future. I too noticed 2001 Audio Video is carrying Marantz. I'll check out others, but it is ridiculous that the Marantz site doesn't list Canadian dealers. When I drop off my SR 6200 at Lenbrook I'll ask for a list of Marantz dealers. I don't remember Kennedy Hi-Fi carrying Marantz.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Bay Bloor Radio prices are negotiable, I've bought several items from them in the past. They may have a 7300 OSE.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I'll check them all out. This should work out well. I can shop for a new receiver without waiting for a fix. The 7000 sure doesn't have any digital delay or dropout, thats for sure. I'll post a mini review in the other thread. It sounds really good too. Lame remote.

I'm willing to haggle with the stores. I'm glad I got the 7000, and wouldn't mind even getting the 8000. Now I realize why I did this. I have a defect free receiver with sound quality I can enjoy and use as a benchmark while I look for more toys for the future.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
No I'm not stuck on Marantz completely, but after hearing the 7000, I prefer to get something with that sound quality. Its just that when I was shopping for the SR 6200 2 1/2 years ago, Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo in the same price range, or even one notch above, didn't sound quite as good. Now that I have the 7000 and it sounds better than my 6200, whatever I "upgrade" to now will have to sound as good as the 7000 at least.

I'm open to listening to other receivers. What do you suggest?

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, I've tried replying to your questions on the 7300 OSE. The e-mails keep getting returned. But if you like the sound of the 7000 you have now you'll like the sound of the 7300ose better than the Yammies. I had the RXV1400 and the 7300ose in my opinion is a lot better sounding receiver. The 7300ose is less harsh on the ears when listening to music.
To answer your questions on my 7300ose, I haven't had any problems with audio cutoffs at the beginning of a track or disc. I use two Sony 400 disk CD changers plus a panasonic dvd player all connected by toslink. I have two complaints on the 7300ose, the first is the remote with the joystick on it. The joystick is useless, works only part of the time. The remote does learn good though. The second complaint is that there are only three toslink connections on the back.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
If the 7300 ose sounds as good or better than the 7000 then thats cool. I can live with those dislikes. I've only one digital and will likely only get one other for CD and that could easily end up being coax. As for the remote. I like the RC1200 remote that came with the 7000. Its got problems too, like a useless jog dial LCD screen (useless in the dark anyways, but I got around that by programming what I need into the buttons like CDR and DSS which I've no use for now.) I'd up something else to replace the 7300 ose's remote if I had to. I'll PM you. My ISP doesn't seem to be the greatest in terms of emails.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Chris:

There is change afoot with Marantz in Canada. Lenbrook Industries was previously the distributor and service depot for the product, however they are now strictly an agent. Marantz Canada will now be taking over much of Lenbrook's previous duties. The switchover was to occur April 1st, so that may explain changes at the Marantz website?

Jeff.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I'll phone Lenbrook and inquire where I take my SR 6200 receiver for service now.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yep. No more Lenbrook for Marantz service.

Marantz Canada
1-888-258-9361

I'll report back on my findings.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
For people in the Toronto area, the service centre for Marantz is here:

Marantz Canada
505 apple creek blvd
unit #5
Markham
1-888-258-9361

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
For the life of me, I CANNOT figure out where I found this link, and yet it still works. Paste the following link and go into the address bar and substitute whatever city you want. I have the link using Toronto, but replace Toronto with whatever else, any Canadian City, and odds are, it'll spit out stores.

http://www.marantz.com/p_dealers_lst...nt=AM&x=21&y=4

I try the "New Search" link button and I can't figure out how to get back to Canadian cities. Weird, but at least it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks