What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Mane wakes from coma after 19 years (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The event is interesting, even if the linked news story is atrociously written and filled with grammatical and punctuation errors.

So, the guy is fully conscious and alert now? Fascinating. I bet PBS's NOVA crew does a story on this.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
wow surprising to see the wife stay with them all this time
Till death (not coma) do us part. ;)

And his daughter is 19 years old! :eek: Damn! Imagine missing out on her growing up, but at least it's better than being dead. It's like he's been given a second chance...at least I think that's how coma victims see it.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Don't let him take a look at the music charts, or he might want to go into a coma voluntarily.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Bah. I'll bet he probably has a partner out there with a black suit and shades who just flashed him with a chrome-plated flashy-thing. ;)

James, he may have missed alot, but...most of the momentous events you listed were rather nasty. Just think! On the positive side, what about all the stuff he gets to see for the first time!!! DVD's for one.... ;)

All kidding aside, all the best to the Wallis family. What a miracle!!!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Great for him! think about all the re-adjusting though. New president's, war, no more WTC. God it would be nuts having to re-adjust to all of this stuff.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I can't begin to imagine the shock he is experiencing - iamgine how things were, and how you were, in 1984, and then imagine being transported to 2003! :eek:

Hope that his family/friends are there to help him adjust...

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
OK OK here we go. George Bush I falls into a coma. Upon awakening, he is greeted by his successor, President Dan Quayle. Bush asks, "How is the country doing?" Qualye replies, "Great, we're at peace, the economy is strong, unemployment is down." Bush asks, "How much does a loaf of bread cost?" Qualye replies, "About 200 yen." :D :D :D

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Who's going to explain Michael Jackson to him:

"No, seriously, that's the same guy..."

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
For all practical purposes...think about this way...Windows wasn't even around in 1984, computers were 8086 processors (maybe 4Mhz in turbo mode), CGA video, 20Mb HDD ...all DOS based stuff. This forum wasn't even possible then!!!

TimK

:crazy:

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Never to regain consciousness, they didn't think he would speak again. Terry went into a coma and became a quadriplegic.
Personally, as amazing as the story is, I think this really dampens it a bit. That is a lot of tragedy for a family to endure. What a way to wake up... At least if he is an Air Supply fan he will be happy to hear that he can see them for free now in parks and wedding receptions.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Nevermind, hadn't read the part about him becoming a quadriplegic. bad, mistimed joke, bad Ricardo.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Terry went for a ride with a friend. The next day, their bodies were found under a bridge. Terry's friend died and Terry’s life would never be the same.
Did anyone else notice this portion of the story? It didn't say they got in an accident or anything else, just that they were found under a bridge. It looks like this guy and his friend may have been doing some serious drugs of some sort or maybe had a suicide pact. If self inflicted, I call this recovery far from amazing, but instead an unnecessary drain on tax dollars for the past 19 years and probably the rest of this guys life. Of course there could be another explanation....

J

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
yeah, that is pretty vague, but I don't know that we can say it was drugs. Sounds possible though.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
There are too many errors in the report for me to believe it. I think it is BS unless another source can verify it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks