What's new

Pre-Order Magnum P.I. The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I really like Mill Creek's Rockford Files blu ray set. I realize that they can be hit or miss, but it seems more of an issue with their DVD sets than blu rays.
Absolutely. Since the misfire of their IDOJ set, I have seen more comments about Mill Creek screwing up every TV show on BD they release than I can count. All the Universal titles are fine, and the Charlie's Angels set (another Sony title) was great.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The already released French blu ray from Elephant is 31 discs. Almost the same as Mill Creek 30 disc set. Its 4 discs per season except the short Season 8 which is 3 discs. That would be 6 episodes per disc. I would guess Mill Creek will also make Season 1 3 discs as it had 18 instead of 24 episodes due to actor's strike delay. This is as opposed to the 37 disc UK set. Are there any reviews of the French set or has anyone on the board purchased it? It might give an idea of what the Mill Creek set will look like. Unfortunetely the Amazon reviews on Amazon.fr mix DVD with blu ray reviews, so you are never sure which version they are commenting on. One post on Amazon.fr said only the 1st two seasons had the English soundtrack. Again I don't know if they were referring to the DVD or blu ray.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely. Since the misfire of their IDOJ set, I have seen more comments about Mill Creek screwing up every TV show on BD they release than I can count. All the Universal titles are fine, and the Charlie's Angels set (another Sony title) was great.
Couldn't agree more and all the many, many ultraman blu ray sets they have released are fine. After diving into the Jeannie set other than the screwed up audio on one episode I don't find it bad at all. Too many episodes on a disc has proven to be a problem on DVD but I think Blu Ray is proving different. Flintstones had a huge amount of episodes per disc on the blu ray and maybe with less they might look a tiny bit better but they look amazing and a night an day difference over the DVD. So I don't think the amount of episodes on Jeannie is a big issue either. Its unfortunate that they are 1080i and that Sony didn't provide newer 1080P transfers but after watching alot of episodes of Jeannie and Andy Griffith. Andy barely looks better since they used old HD masters for that and it cost nearly twice as much.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
At the price point it is being offered I thought it might be a Universal release. I was disappointed that Mill Creek is charging as much as they are. Hopefully the first season will have the first season's theme song (missing on Itunes if I remember correctly). Also I wonder if the crossover episodes with "Murder She Wrote" and others will contain both episodes and not the syndicated edited to be one episode versions. Though I expect since Universal is not releasing it will be the edited version since Mill Creek doesn't have the rights to the other show(s).

I mean when is an initial price ever the price for stuff like this - especially Mill Creek?

It will be more than comparable Mill Creek sets given that it's 8 seasons.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I mean when is an initial price ever the price for stuff like this - especially Mill Creek?

It will be more than comparable Mill Creek sets given that it's 8 seasons.

Indeed-- series length is a big factor in release prices, the way I'm understanding you here.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Right up there with Magnum is another series on my Bul-ray Hitlist ~ Northern Exposure!!

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I just got the set and haven't been able to watch much more than episode, but am happy with it. Nice upgrade over the Universal dvds and a decent set for Mill Creek. Yeah, too many episodes on the discs. I do like the cases too. They are more efficient for space, but not so big that they are clunky.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I just got the set and haven't been able to watch much more than episode, but am happy with it. Nice upgrade over the Universal dvds and a decent set for Mill Creek. Yeah, too many episodes on the discs. I do like the cases too. They are more efficient for space, but not so big that they are clunky.
Thanks Al, I was watchiing the UK release that has fewer episodes per disc so ther's 1 or 2 additional BDs in the box set, but it is more expensive!! Im still on the fence with this...keep in touch on this, I'm sure there are others interested in the PQ of the set.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Thanks Al, I was watchiing the UK release that has fewer episodes per disc so ther's 1 or 2 additional BDs in the box set, but it is more expensive!! Im still on the fence with this...keep in touch on this, I'm sure there are others interested in the PQ of the set.

I would add that I ordered it from Wal Mart (though third party vis DeepDiscount which was cheaper than DeepDiscount's own site) for like $53 before tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks