What's new

Magnum, P. I. On Prime (1 Viewer)

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
So MPI is on Prime now. All seasons except for season 6. Weird for one season to be left out like that.
Anyway, I watched a few episodes tonight. I guess it’s HD, it looks like better definition and color than my dvd sets. Fortunately Amazon did not crop to make it a widescreen like they did with Chips and Crime Story.
There does seem to be a little more picture on the sides as compared to my DVD set. I only compared a few screenshots in one episode but there is definitely a difference.
720 or 1080 is my question. Any way to find out what resolution the stream is?

mark-edk

Second Unit
This doesn't answer your question, but I got the complete series from iTunes some time ago and they were 1080p. Amazon likely has the same transfers, but I'm not aware of an easy way to know for sure what they're putting out on Prime video. Maybe while it's streaming to try an 'info' feature on your receiver (if you're using one), streaming box, or the tv to display the incoming signal resolution?

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
I’m waiting for iTunes to put it on sale again. I tried to check any info on my receiver and couldn’t find out. No matter. I’ll enjoy this for now.

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
Just bought it, thanks for the heads up. I signed up for Cheap Charts notifications about this going on sale but haven’t received an email from them about it yet.

Now, asking for advice. I don’t have an Apple TV 4K yet. Now I need to buy one. I was a Best Buy a few weeks ago and they have the 32 and the 64. Any reason I should get one over the other? Leaning towards the 32. The memory is just for apps right?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just bought it, thanks for the heads up. I signed up for Cheap Charts notifications about this going on sale but haven’t received an email from them about it yet.

Now, asking for advice. I don’t have an Apple TV 4K yet. Now I need to buy one. I was a Best Buy a few weeks ago and they have the 32 and the 64. Any reason I should get one over the other? Leaning towards the 32. The memory is just for apps right?
Get the 32GB model.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
For the price, it's not a huge deal but the 2-hour pilot is presented here as two separate episodes (syndication versions). I'm almost positive the DVD set had the original pilot version.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Also the crossover episodes (like with Murder She Wrote) don't include the corresponding episode from the other series. I read that they made alternate versions that wrapped the story up in one episode and those were used in syndication where seeing the other half of the story wasn't possible. It's been a while since I watched the entire series from iTunes but I'm pretty sure they used syndicated versions of the crossover shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks