What's new

Press Release Madigan (1968) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
231507_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I quite enjoyed Madigan tonight. I thought I had seen it, but while watching nothing seemed overly familiar. Color was a bit drab, but the transfer was sharp and clean. I did have to chuckle with the two main stars having wives/girl friends twenty to thirty years younger than they.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
You're right, but I'm glad Kino released it, otherwise, I would be stuck with my 21 year old DVD.

I had a 16mm IB Tech print of it - I love the movie and the color was great and matched all the printed by Tech features Universal did in that era. The Jimmy Stewart westerns Kino just released have great color.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Madigan is a cop who rose from
the dead. He was killed in the movie, but was resurrected
four years later as part of the NBC Wednesday Mystery Movie.
Thinking I had seen the film, it must be the (short-lived) television series that I was remembering.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Funny stuff. I was going through a box of DVDs to see what I wanted to watch and I found a region two DVD of Madigan. So, I brought it inside and took a look at it. Guess what? Perfect color, just like it should look. Obviously the detail is not Blu-ray detail, although it upscales nicely, but, for me, it's like watching a different movie, minor as that may seem to most. Face tones are right, blues are true blue, greens pop. So, if I need to see Madigan it's this DVD I'll be watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks