What's new

Mad Max SE coming (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Add me to the list of people who won't be buying this if it does not have the original Austrailian track.
I was wondering if there have been any other english language films that were dubbed to remove accents?

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Is there really a reason to include the dub track at all?? Even the Australian track is still in English.
I say include it for two reasons. One, this is the way most Americans are used to seeing the movie and the way that it was released theatrically here. Two, there is no space concern with the disc, so why not include it? It's not like they have to produce it. It already exists so it should be included.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I have the Japanese MAD MAX and it includes both soundtracks. The Aussie track has some distortion during a few of the action scenes.
angry.gif
The film runs the usual 93 minutes and even the Mad Max website, which has word from people that madethe film, says the 100 minute version does not exist.
Anyone have the url for the website? I cannot find it.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the new R2 version which was released by Warner. It contains both soundtracks (in MONO) and it's also the 93 min version. There are no extras whatsoever.
------------------

Ryan_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
A longer version does exist. When the Road Warrior premiered on the then BSkyB "Movie Channel" around 1991, I noticed scenes from it not in my UK release of Mad Max II. I am not sure though whether this was an issue with the BBFC over the MPAA, as BSkyB used the "Road Warrior" intro and not Mad Max II" as we knew it in the UK. The version screened by BSkyB of the orginal film Mad Max was also extended for TV, though it's dubbed. Wish I had of taped it now. Much of the extensions from what I recall centered on the motor cycle gang near towards the end of the film and some added stunt stuff.
[Edited last by Ryan_M_M on September 17, 2001 at 03:42 PM]

Ryan_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
quote: The film runs the usual 93 minutes and even the Mad Max website, which has word from people that madethe film, says the 100 minute version does not exist.[/quote]
I don't know what this guy on this website is stating, but he is 100 percent wrong concerning that no 100 min longer version exists. I recall too seeing those scenes Larry mentioned here in the UK on Satelite in the early 1990s in PAL format.
[Edited last by Ryan_M_M on September 17, 2001 at 04:02 PM]

Stephen L

Second Unit
And don't bother clicking on the box art; it'll take you to a page for their release of Rain Man)
Ok something strange is up with this. I checked MGMs site today to see if they gave any more disc info and found MadMax SE is not listed anymore.
frown.gif

------------------
Steve

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Buckaroo Banzai is gone from that listing as well!
Yet the image file is in the same place, since you can look at page 1 of this thread and see that the image I posted still appears.
confused.gif

My assumption is that these were up too early, and should not have been seen there yet. Someone discovered that the gun was jumped, and they pulled it back. Makes sense, anyway.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks