What's new

M4P/ACC to MP3 (1 Viewer)

Conor R

Grip
Recently I started purchasing music for my iPod from iTunes but there yesterday I wanted to burn them onto a cd for the car but it won't let me. It says they are protected. I know all about copyright but surely enough I should be able to burn them on to any cd as long as I wasn't selling it to others. After all I paid for it. I can do what I want with the song. Are there any converters out there that can bypass the copyright and convert the format??

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Not sure what the problem is here.....it is my understanding that purchased tunes can be burned to CD up to 7 times. The trick is that they must be in a playlist....don't think you can burn them direct.

And I think you can burn unlimited copies, but you would need to put the tracks in a new playlist once its been burned 7 times.

So, are they in a playlist? I have not burned CD's from purchased music, so there may be more to it than what I previously understood.

BGL

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I think the best program I have used to convert Audio files is Media Monkey. You can find it almost anywhere to download, and it is free (not shareware, no trial period, FREE). I am not sure if it can convert protected audio files, but I can't see why not. Give it a try.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I just tried it, and it works as I suspected. You have to place your tunes in a playlist, then right click on the playlist and choose "Burn Disc".

You will need to make sure that you have "Audio CD" selected under the Preferences/Burning tab, but thats it.

Now, if you are trying to burn a disc of MP3s, I am pretty sure that will not work within iTunes because you can not convert protected tracks.

BGL

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Recentley I needed to convert itunes to mp3 for my flash mp3 player, so I simply burned them on CD and converted them in Windows media player 10.

Conor R

Grip
Cheers guys. Works. Thanks a mil. I was in bits there thinking I could do it!! Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks