What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Lumet S.E's in Feb 06 (1 Viewer)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Prince of the City. Prince of the City. Prince of The City.

What's it going take to ge this movie released on DVD? And The Hill.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Great news about Dog Day Afternoon!:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Pacino could have won the Best Actor Oscar for this film-
he gives a terrific performance.

I haven't seen All The President's Men. Would this be a
good blind-buy?

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Wait, lemme get this straight...

Dog Day Afternoon, Network, AND All the President's Men are being released in an SE boxset??

Oh god. I never buy boxsets but this one will be an exception. Wow. Can't wait!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Amazing! But as noted by many above, the continuing absence of Prince of the City, etc on DVD is very frustrating. But if sales are big, as I am sure they will be, Warner may release more Lumet films.

Why are these films being boxed together? All the President's Men is an Alan Pakula film. This looks to be along the lines of the "Controversial Classics" box. I am all for this, as it usually means that I pay less money than buying the titles seperately. This set should be attainable for $35-40 hopefully.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I suspect a clue to the common thread and the box title is in the opening to that USA Today piece; 'A trio of seminal films dealing with the media...'

Maybe as they are all SEs, they should call it 'Extra, Extra...'

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Maybe it's going to tie in with the DVD release of Good Night, and Good Luck. All the movies from what I understand are Warners property AND, including "Good Night..." deal with the media.

If so, that's going to be a pricey new release day.

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
WB released "Good Night, and Good Luck" too? I've seen the film, loved it, yet never realized that before--much less that it had also distributed these other three wonderful films from the '70s.

I'm snapping up this SE box set. Quickly. GOD, I love Warner Bros.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Yes, the film is under the Warner Independent Pictures label for production and distribution.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Great news on DDA, I have picked this up so many times and always put it back on the shelf for hope of a better release. I wish Warner will pony up with a 2-discer for Cool Hand Luke sometime soon too.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

While I'm glad these are coming out, I'm kinda dissapointed they are under the "Controversial Classics" banner. I would of liked to see more older, pre-1950's films. I guess the rumored Pre-Code set well quench that thirst though.

Of course I'll still buy this boxset, it's pretty much a blind buy for me, but I've heard so much about these films, I pretty much have to get it!

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Three great films, and it looks like the extras will be great as well. I thought Lumet's commentary on The Verdict was very interesting, so I'll definitely be looking forward to hearing his tracks on Network and Dog Day.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor

This is one case where I will be throwing away the outer slip cover, but I still like the idea of paying less for all three than I would if the titles were only available individually.

-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks