What's new

Luigi's Mansion (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I just got done trying out Luigi for a bit. I only played the demo for a few minutes at Target a week ago and I was actually pretty anxious to play this game (Who doesn't want to be a Ghostbuster?). So far I really love it. I know the whole game is basically the same with a bit of variety, but I don't care. This is a very FUN game and I could play it for hours.
The graphics are incredible. I thought the lighting was great in Silent Hill 2, but I think Luigi is even better. The controls are very crisp and only take about 5 minutes to get used to. Watching Luigi being pulled around the room by a ghost that just does not want to be sucked up is incredible to look at. I also like the little things, like being able to suck sheets off the tables and Luigi's whistiling to the game music. Plus, I can't get enough of him calling out Mario's name. :)
Any Mario fan should love this game and if you are a Ghostbusters fan, you will love it even more. :)
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard that this game is very short and that it has little replay value. You seem to really like it though. I'm wondering if this is a purchase or a rental. As a lifelong Mario fan, though, I imagine it will be a purchase.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
This is the one game I've been playing the most since Sunday morning. I've put in about 4 hours or so and as far as I can tell, I'm about half way through the game. It's probably going to be short but still a lot of fun.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Barry;

I own the Japanese version of this game. Since the game is so short and offers very little replay value, I suggest you rent it and beat it over the weekend. Believe me. You can do it.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Luigi's Mansion is going to be one of those games that after I beat it, I will revisit it when I just want to sit down for an hour and have fun with a game. I really am enjoying this game. However, I would rent it 1st before dumping the $50 on it. I do think that any huge Mario fan will enjoy this game a lot.

-Dean-

Andre F

Screenwriter
I got this as part of my bundle. However I'm so busy with RL and SMB that I just have not had time to play it. Glad to hear some people like it.

-Andre F

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
There are some benefits to an easy game. When company comes over, the learning curve is so slight and the game goes by so fast your guests wont feel overwhelmed.

Still I am enjoying it, and once I complete it (this weekend I suppose) I will spend more time trying to get my first point in Rouge Leader and start a season of baseball. (Then again, maybe I'll buy Batman next payday).

Andre F

Screenwriter
I finally put about one hour into this game last night and I must say that I'm impressed. The production values on this disc are sky high. It's the little things in the game that impress me. I can't say much for the length of it, but so far it seems rather easy.

-Andre F

Steve J

Agent
I think it's a pretty cool little game. Reminscent of old-style arcade games, but a lot longer and more challenging of course. It's not too complicated. Just a fun, relaxing game. Worth the price I paid for GameCube!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Rented this the other day, and beat it in about 8 hours the first time. Not near as bad as it was made out to be, but it's not a flagship title. Had this just come out as a normal "midseason" game, things would have been different, but I don't think that it'll sell systems.

As for replay, there doesn't seem to be as much "hidden" stuff as in other mario games, and replay is pretty straightforward. There is a "hidden" mansion mode, but I have no idea what changes in it.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I love Luigi's Mansion and would say it's worth the $50. Unfortunately, I never get to play it since someone else here loves it too...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks