What's new

LSi owners: do you bi-wire? (1 Viewer)

Mike Kao

Second Unit
Personally, I would, if I was spending $1,000+ on a set of really nice speakers. I figure an extra $20-50 to biwire at the very least would be worth the peace of mind... that is, unless of course you spend top dollar for primo wire, but than again if you're spending hundreds of dollars for speaker wire than you're worse than me for thinking biwiring may possibly help. Heck I'm biwiring w/ 2 sets of 10 gauge wire on $150 speakers. I only paid $3 for 30 foot reels of that stuff though... a lot better quality than the home depot 12ga stuff, not even considering the higher gauge rating. Too bad I can't get deals like that anymore :frowning:

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
But what if that extra $20 you spent actually made the sound worse? Biwiring is a hot potato that I would stay away from.

Alex F.

Second Unit
I am obtaining exceptional performance with a single set (not biwired) of Audioquest GR8 (10 gauge) speaker cable, which connects LSi-25s to a McIntosh MA6500 integrated amp. Smooth as silk, clean, liquid, and detailed, with imaging and soundstaging that make the speakers sonically disappear from the room. I'm extremely picky when it comes to this hobby, but I could not be more pleased.

Alex F.

Second Unit
Kevitra:

Very funny. I described the overall performance obtained from the combination of products.

Do you have anything to offer on the topic, which is directed at LSi owners and their personal experience with these speakers?

kevitra

Second Unit
Sorry - I thought you were saying because you biwired you achieved those results. It wasn't clear that it was because of all of your components that you obtained audio nirvana.

I was trying to makle the point (via reference) that biwiring has been proven by DBTs to do nothing. It dosen't matter if they are Polk LSi or any other brand.

Alex F.

Second Unit
Kevitra:

The sonic results I mentioned come without biwiring (read again the first sentence of my original post).

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I had some extra wire so I biwired mine. Did I hear a magical increase in music quality? No. The difference was so subtle that I could barely notice any difference at all. I guess the best thing to do is try it if you've got some spare wire laying around, but I would not recommend spending a large amount of cash on Biwire cables.

JauCheeze

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, due to the overwheleming majority, i guess i'll save some money and not biwire. Still curious though, probably will try it out when i have some extra wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks