What's new

Love Object (1 Viewer)

Xavier

Auditioning
Did anyone get a chance to see this movie? It was a tale of a lonely guy who orders a sex doll from the internet in order to compensate for the lack of having anything real in his life. Strangely enough he starts to fall in love with the doll named "Nikki"...but then soon after a real girl appears in his life and he's torn apart on who to choose. Then hell really breaks loose!

I thought this movie was probably one of the best horror flicks to come out in recent memory. It worked on so many levels and the atmosphere the film makers created was just so damn creepy.

This movie was really overlooked and stayed at the (independent) theaters for about a week. Nonetheless if anyone had the opportunity to watch this movie I would love to hear your thoughts and comments (I could only find a handful of reviews on the net).

And if you haven't seen it and its still in your local theater, I highly recommend you check it out. Just walk in with a very open mind and all should be well...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I saw it at the Boston Fantastic Film Festival last October. Did not like it. I suppose the fact that I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave may mean it's an effective horror movie, or it just may mean "watching a perv" is not my idea of how to spend an hour and a half.

(Edit) Checking my 2003 film list, I see I've got it ranke #139 out of 142, with a :star:½ rating. And I don't feel it's grown on me.

Xavier

Auditioning
Thanks for responding Jason. Your thoughts reflect many comments I heard while walking out the theater. Although I didn't feel this guy was a complete perv by any means, it was indeed a stretch from the ideal, normal "love" that we're use to seeing on screen.

We take for granted the things that are given to us in life...love, friendship, maybe even character and wit. In Love Object we get to see the extreme that one will go to in order to have them.

Well...at least we agree on City of God. Number one hands down!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks