What's new

Loud thump/pop from subwoofer when changing input modes. (1 Viewer)

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
This post is for a friend, he has an M&K sub with a Kenwood receiver and as of recently he has been getting a loud pop whenever he changes input modes on the receiver or even skips chapters in DVD’s, basically from what I can tell whenever the audio is on, then goes off when it comes back on there is this thump. The weird part is that it never did this before and only started doing so about a week ago. He said nothing has changed in the setup. I am thinking that some setting may have been messed with on the receiver, I already told him to try changing the input mode from auto to digital, as I have heard of that fixing it before, but that did not work. Anyway I am stumped for suggestions on what to try, I don’t think it could be the cable or anything like that because it was not doing it a week ago, therefore I think it must be something set different in the receiver. I have also read that a bad subwoofer muting circuit in the receiver may be to blame? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
Receivers have a mute circuit that suppresses the LFE when changing source inputs. Your friend will need to send his receiver in for a repair to get that circuit replaced. It happened to my Denon. Annoying but easily repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks