What's new
World Wide Stereo

Lou Reed says "I'd pay money not to hear that" about Bose Acoustimass set (1 Viewer)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
There is an article about speakers in SmartMoney, called "The Sound And the Fury". I couldn't find it online. A co-worker/friend here that isn't Bose-washed at work clipped it out of the magazine because it was funny.

Lou Reed does some speaker reviewing on 5 different sets of speakers. (Bose AM-5, Klipsch RB-75, B&W 704, Inifinity Primus 360, MartinLogan Clarity). He picks the Klipsch as the best value, saying they sounded as good as the MartinLogans, for much less money.

But the funny part is the Bose. I was surprised to see a retail publication reprint a response like this. I'll retype the part of the article:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
There is an article about speakers in SmartMoney, called "The Sound And the Fury". I couldn't find it online. A co-worker/friend here that isn't Bose-washed at work clipped it out of the magazine because it was funny.

Lou Reed does some speaker reviewing on 5 different sets of speakers. (Bose AM-5, Klipsch RB-75, B&W 704, Inifinity Primus 360, MartinLogan Clarity). He picks the Klipsch as the best value, saying they sounded as good as the MartinLogans, for much less money.

But the funny part is the Bose. I was surprised to see a retail publication reprint a response like this. I'll retype the part of the article:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I doubt BOSE sues the magazine. Obviously anyone who is subscribing to "SmartMoney" is not overpaying to buy BOSE!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I doubt BOSE sues the magazine. Obviously anyone who is subscribing to "SmartMoney" is not overpaying to buy BOSE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks