What's new

LOST IN SPACE from the mouth of Peter Staddon (1 Viewer)

Brenton

Screenwriter
The following is an excerpt from last night's chat with Fox's Peter Staddon:
[RonEpstein] I'll sneak in my usual question -- any chance of seeing "Lost In Space" TV episodes in the near future?
[peterstaddon] They nearly made it out in the first half of 2003, but the remake that we were going to tie it into fell through. We are looking to try and make the numbers work on Lost in Space and The Time Tunnel for 2003.
:D :D :D
Sounds like good news to me, especially when you compare it to the somewhat bleak response he gives to a few other titles. We know it's in the works!
2003 is going to rule for DVD.
Thank you for asking that question, Ron. If I had been attending the chat, I would have asked it myself.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No secret here...
Lost In Space is my absolute childhood
favorite TV show. I loved it more than Star
Trek
I had given up hope that Fox would release this
show to DVD. It was great to hear from Peter that
we will probably see it next year. Let's hope the
studio releases the entire three years of episodes
in season sets.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Of the two I'm much more interested in "Time Tunnel", which I believe is only available on eBay LDs at a very high price. After the first year I thought "Lost in Space" got very silly & I quickly lost interest & quit watching it.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Ron:
You can always buy the Japanese laserdisc box sets. They only sell for several hundred dollars on ebay! :) Never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad knowing the value of some of these Japanese LD sets is going to plummet next year. I've been trying to get the Millennium Japanese LD box sets forever, but they always sell for too much $$$. Now I'm going to hold out. According to Peter, Season 1 will be released in 2003, and subsequent seasons should be release if Season 1 sells well.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm interested in both of these but I am actually more interested in Land of the Giants and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. No announcement on those yet :frowning:

Shawn D

Auditioning
I heard they were working on a made for TV movie with the origional cast ( except for Guy Williams, who passed away some time ago )but I think that project is off because of the passing of Johnathan Harris ( DR. Smith ) who, I saw at the chiller theater convention last year. He didn't look to be in great shape then. I would have loved to see a re-make with the origional cast.

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Great news about the "Time Tunnel" on DVD,hopefully it'll be a full season set. The early B&W "Lost in Space" episodes will be desirable too but I'm not going near that giant vegetable episode from the last season...
What were they thinking? ;)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeahh I'd pick up at least the 1st season of LIS, I remember watching the show right before getting on the bus for school so I would miss the last 30 min of thhe shows. Still remember the Great ep where will and Dr Smith has to travel inside the Robot who has grown as big as a House.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks