What's new

Looks like it will be a Superman/Batman team up movie for 2004... (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Guys remember that Hugh Jackman got the part of Wolverine after Dougray Scott had to backdown because of MI2 reshoots.
I believe Hughman got the job a week before shooting was scheduled to start.
I think hes be bigger this time around. I remember reading somewhere he started weight training for X2 over 6 months ago.

Where Hollywood is concerned, any actor can alter his appearance by the studio hiring the best trainers to get actors into shape for roles in 6 months time.I remember seeing the Hot Shots sequel and the scene where Charlie Sheen is seen from behind tightening the bandana on his head, I though it was a sight gag like Naked Gun, and I was suprised when he turned around and it was really him-his back was really big.I want his trainer.

Anyone else think George Clooney would make a great Mr Fantastic is they ever get FF4 off the ground?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Hugh only looked the part after we saw him. If I saw Someone Like You (and I do NOT recommend that), and heard he was Wolverine, I'd have crapped my pants. He's WAY, WAY too pretty to be Wolverine! But he did it, he rocked, and we loved him.
As for Jude being handsome, my wife would not care if Akiva wrote the thing if Jude was in it...she thinks he's beautiful. But I'll admit not in the white-bread, corn-fed square-jaw Superman sort of way.
Take care,
Chuck

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I do have a hard time picturing Jude Law as Superman but I think he could be a very good Clark Kent. Since the movie won't even start filming for ~6 months I hope if he is cast that he does train hard to bulk up as much as he can to at least try to look closer to Superman. I just keep thinking he will end up looking like Tobey Maguire - thing is, a Spider-Man body isn't exactly a Superman body.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A while back I suggested Hugh Jackman as Bruce Wayne/Batman (but being seen as a super-hero actor might not be something Hugh wants to pursue, plus he's already frikkin' Wolverine, for cripe's sake!)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Doesn't have the HAIRLINE!!!
Behold the wonder of the Make-Up artist...

And so to the height issue. People speak like an actor's perceived build/height in a movie had never been adjusted in tricks of light and camera perspective before... I mean shit, Tom Cruise goes through that a lot for his movies, not so much because he may have issues over his personal height, but more the fact that it's common in movies for actors heights to be altered to be on a closer level, especially in action movies where two guys have to play alongside one another. They do it for a lot of movies and viewers are none the wiser.

I'm sorry folks, but Law beind under 6ft is NOT the big issue everyone thinks it is... there are movie magic ways around it.

I was surprised to see Farrel and Law's names cropping up regarding possible casting choices. It actually restored a lot of personal interest in this project being any good. I am fond of both of these actors and I like the fact that Petersen is considering decent actors instead of those who meet the definition of big "movie star."

Dan

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Being short hasn't hurt either Stallone's or Cruise's action careers.

I find the casting inspired at the very least and it makes me ecstatic.

Law and Farrell are two of the top young talents out there and their on-screen dynamic would appear to be potentially incredible. I can easily see those 2 squaring off in a war of wills.

And at least Law would finally be a guy believable as Clark Kent, rather than being Superman in glasses.

I mean, was that REALLY Tobey's body in Spiderman? It sure didn't look like he did in Wonder Boys. How could that be? FX, training, both, other...who cares, they made it happen.

A film gets a big name quality action director and 2 of the best young talents around right now, and the complaining begins. Go typecast by appearance and let them FX in the DIALOG and ACTING instead.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jude Law as Superman and Colin Farell as Batman?
Excellent choices IMO. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I say it's all about the money, both actors command a whole lot less than the big stars in terms of salary.

Truth be told, I'm just damn tired of seeing Colin Farrell turn up in so many films in a short time span. He's becoming the male equivalent of Charlize Theron, who seeme do to be in a movie every month for a stretch of 2 years.

I would much prefer Jude Law to play a powerful reluctant hero, Miracle Man. I think Jude's a little too pretty to play Superman.

Now, what if they casted Val Kilmer to play Superman (he'd be the only man to play both Batman and Superman in movies). Val's definitely got the build, height, and physique, but he doesn't quite the classical facial structure of Superman (cheekbones are too high).

I will re-up my nomination for Luke Wilson as Superman, he's got the square jaw, and good looks to be Superman, and brings an empathetic nature to the role.

Would people roll their eyes if they casted David Duchovny as Batman?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I would much prefer Jude Law to play a powerful reluctant hero, Miracle Man. I think Jude's a little too pretty to play Superman.
I was just thinking yesterday that if there was a superhero Law was truly born to play, it's Miracle Man :) Or the X-Man, Angel. He'd make an excellent Warren Worthington.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Josh Hartnett as Superman and Colin Farrell as Batman? That's the new rumor. I'm not sure I like the Hartnett casting. We'll see.

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
Yep... The latest Knowles scoop--for what it's worth--is that talks with Jude broke down at the last minute. They demanded that he commit to multiple sequels now, and he demanded the right to read the sequel scripts first.

Gotta agree with Harry that *IF* they're going for Josh now, it's a sucky, sucky choice. Josh always looks more like a squinty-eyed slacker to me, even done up in Pearl Harbor "hero" mode...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sheesh, just go ahead and cast Ben Affleck (he's got the jaw for Supes) and Matt Damon (darken the hair, and he could be the dark knight) in the roles. You know that's what everybody wants! :D

Gruson

Second Unit
My lord Hollywood has lost it if they cast either Hartnett or Law as Superman.

IMO they should not make another Batman or Superman movie.

I just cannot picture another Superman besides Christopher Reeve and what would Superman be without John Williams' amazing theme music? (same goes for Batman with Keaton/Burton/Elfman).

Superman and Batman are classics.

Hollywood needs to move on to another superhero because they will not get either of these right again.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
AICN is ***NOT*** what I would call a reliable source. I'd say it's equal to Hush Hush Magazine from LA Confidential, but that'd do LA Confidential a disservice.

Speculation and rumor are just that, and until a real movie news site quotes a source independenant from AICN, it's really a leap of faith to attribute anything from AICN as more than the speculation and rumor it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks