What's new

Looking to play 4 player games but don't have a game port - What's my best option? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. I recently put together a new computer and discovered the joys of emulation. I'd really like to be able to play some of the four player games with friends. Unfortunately, I don't have a game port on my computer. I'm looking to use four fairly basic six button gamepads. What is my most cost-effective option. I have four empty USB ports. Should I pickup 4 of the MS Sidewinder USB gamepads (should total roughly $100). Is this possible? Is there a cheaper option? Maybe a 4 port PCI card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You can get cheapy $8 USB gamepads at EB in the shape of a PSX controller. I have to say the original MS Sidewinder gamepad is the best out there but not worth the cost unless you get them used. I got a 4-port USB hub myself to play 4-player EMU.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks