What's new

Looking to get a set of chrome wheels for my truck (1 Viewer)

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
Hello all. I have an opportunity to purchase a set of chrome wheels for my new truck. Heres a link to a pict;

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...6/DSC00101.jpg

They are 20" Helo Syndromes. I have never thought about going to a larger tire like and was interested in finding out about how it will change the type of ride i'll get. Are those a good quality wheel? Will my gas mileage change? HOw much should I expect to pay for tires? How long will the tire last? just info like that.

Any thoughts would be very much apprecieated.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Are you sure those wheels are even the correct bolt pattern for your truck? If they are larger they probably weigh more, so yes it will hurt your gas mileage. Tires will be more expensive and wont last as long. Also, if you dont get the correct size tire your speedometor will be off.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser

You can tune your speedometer. I don't know how, yet. But once I get a truck I'll have to learn! :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It will turn heads but your truck will have to carry more dead weight. Rotational mass will be bigger causing your engine to work harder for each wheel rotation, decreasing gas mileage as well as taking a hit on performance (both in acceleration and handling). You also get a rougher ride on the highway with smaller sidewalls. Just depends how much comfort you're willing to lose for some bling. To many it's worth it. For me, just give me some tasteful performance alloys and I'll be happy.

tirerack.com will have tons of options & info including user reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks