What's new

Looking to buy but, which is a better system? (1 Viewer)

Hyo

Auditioning
Onkyo HT-S755DVC
or
Bose Acoustimass 6 with
Onkyo SP300 DVD
Onkyo TX SR 500 Receiver

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome Hyo. Have you listened to both? What do you think? You might have some trouble finding Bose fans on this board.

Hyo

Auditioning
I've listened to the Bose but not the Onkyo.
I was also considering buying the Klipsch Synergy 6 and then getting a receive and a DVD seperately.
Why won't I find many Bose fans here? I guess there are much better speakers out there for the money?
Looking at spending 1K. Any suggestions?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

You guessed it. Bose sucks. And they charge TONS of money for their crappy products. KLH will give you the same crappy performance as that Acousticrap system, but for FAR FAR less. Look around, You'll find better stuff.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Bose is over priced, and they have been accused of going to stereo stores and running their speakers through about $8,000 worth of equipment for demos to get people to believe they will get the same sound with just the cubes.
The Kenwood HTB systems seem to offer great value for your money. I saw a $600 system that had:
- receiver
- 5 speakers
- self-powered sub
- DVD player
All the toys for a good price.
You might also check out www.cheaphometheater.com - They specalize in budget HT equipment reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks