What's new

Looking for Rcvr w/7 channels of amplification for ~ 700.00 (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Is this possible ? Just missed out on the 6ave.com Denon 3802 price - you snooze you lose...

I have a possibility of hooking up an HK 520 with my 2 Channel HK 3270 Stereo reciever, but feel I may not be seeing all other options.

Any comments appreciated.
Thanks

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Look at the Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX. It lists for $1200, is available at retail for $1000, and online as low as $750. It has 7 discrete channels of MOSFET amplification rated at 100W each. This is most likely an accurate estimate, since the 49TX and 47TX were rated at 130W per channel and actually put out 147W per channel when tested. It also has ever other feature in the book, including THX certification if you value that (some do, some don't). I hope to make the 43TX my next receiver upgrade (currently running an 811S, extremely happy, but always wanna go bigger/better). Might want to give it a look. I'm gonna demo it at HiFiBuys today since they just got it in yesterday. I'll get back to you on what i find. I'll be able to AB it with an Elite 41, which is exactly the same as my 811S (and i do mean EXACTLY), so i'll be able to gauge if the upgrade would be worth it for me.

Hope this helps.

Jeff_Blanch

Agent
Stephen,

While you are there take a look at the 45tx, if they have it. I've been looking for some opinions on it as well. It seems like a pretty good jump up with the Auto MCACC, RS-232 and USB ports. Please let us know how the new Elites compare with the 47/49 and the 811S/41.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks