Looking for name to old horror movie?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes, May 21, 2002.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I saw this old (black and white) film back when I was a kid and it gave me nightmare's for months and now would like to scare my kids with it.

Story plot:
    It is about a lady that dresses dead people before the funeral. She finds a nice ring on the finger of a dead lady's body and steals it. Latter the dead lady comes back to haunt her to get the ring back.

If you happen to know what this movie is I would be interested to find it. Perhaps I should put out a reward or something!

Wes

2. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

Wes, I remember a movie with a similar story - but not sure it's the same one you're thinking about. I remember the movie being in color and think it was a story included in a horror trilogy. Maybe "Trilogy of Terror"????

I distinctly remember a young woman taking a ring off the finger of a deceased elderly woman in an apartment. Later the younger woman looks at the old woman's hand and sees a fly on the woman's ring finger.???? Didn't the old woman come back to life, kill the younger woman and get her ring back?

Maybe it was one of those one-hour horror series, but the name eludes me. "The Night Gallery" maybe? It WAS a pretty creepy story.

3. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Wes wrote:

4. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Rex, That must be it. I kind of do remember the name Black Sabbath! I was only 11 or so when I saw it so I don't recall the exact details but this sounds like the show. Do you know is it available in any video format?
    Thanks for the help! I'll tell you what, There are two tickets waiting for you under your name at the ticket booth at The Mystique Theater in Salt Lake for any showing.[​IMG]
    Wes

5. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I found this at Amazon, and would you know its on DVD in an uncut Italian version to boot!
    Black Sabbath
    I also found this great reveiw there also about the disc:

6. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I'd say your description is Drop of Water from Black Sabbath to a T. The only issue is your recollection of it being black and white, since Black Sabbath is in color. But that could just be a trick of memory, or a black & white set, or a really faded print.

7. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I love this trio of scary stories, too. Have the DVD. Never got over the old dead hag's death face. This is a lesson to anyone who would steal the ring off a corpse's finger.