What's new

Looking for import titles (1 Viewer)

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm looking for any good websites that import dvd's. Thanks.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Benson's World
Link Removed
and
Under 18 (as in $ not age)
Link Removed
are usually quite a bit cheaper than Blackstar for
R2 stuff.

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
For French releases, amazon is very bad. They do not stock the french exclusive releases. The one that has every DVD released in the country is Link Removed .
(Good choice Europe has the best catalog of TV Shows and classics films).

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I've had no problems with Amazon.fr, and they ship fast! Unlike Amazon.de.

I don't think Cinestore ships to the US. Under 18 does not anymore either.

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
There is also www.pokerindustries.com
Stay clear away from this outfit. They sent me a used DVD that they claimed was new DVD. It clearly wasn't new. To make matters worse, the used DVD they sent me was defective. I sent them many emails trying to get this situation resolved but they never replied. Don't waste your time with these clowns. Caveat Emptor.

Real Name
Takayuki Kihara
Cinestore surely ships to U.S. I've used them a few times in the last couple of months. They even sent me a huge catalog from France for free!
I also recommend alapage.com (Link Removed alapage.com). They ship the items pretty fast, and it took only a week to CA (while it normally takes 10 to 14 days by Cinestore).

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the info. The specific dvd's that i'm looking for are the different Corrs titles that are not available in the U.S., also I have no idea what the exchange rates and all that are like...do the different sites let you know what the price translates to in dollars?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
YesAsia.com lists their prices in U.S. dollars.

Some examples...

The original HK uncut version of Gorgeous is on sale for $10.99.

The original HK uncut version of Twin Dragons is on sale for $8.49.

The R3 exclusive dts versions of Driven and Angel Eyes sell for $10.49 each. Both DVDs feature the same video transfer as the R1 editions.

Battle Royale Dolby Digital & dts R3 sells for $9.99.

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
The problem with amazon french is not consumer service, or shipping. The real problem is the catalog they store. For what i have search, titles exclusive to france (Buñuel El/Ensayo de un crimen, Los Olvidados, Viridiana) are not avalaible. For this, i prefer cinestore (if it´s not for the exclusive titles, why i would buy a region 2 DVD?)

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
there is also fnac (sort of like a fry's, in france) - Link Removed
i've had great service from them, and love the store on the champs-elysee in paris. :)
a

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Stay clear away from this outfit. They sent me a used DVD that they claimed was new DVD. It clearly wasn't new. To make matters worse, the used DVD they sent me was defective. I sent them many emails trying to get this situation resolved but they never replied. Don't waste your time with these clowns. Caveat Emptor.
www.pokerindustries.com
I've ordered from them more than half a dozen times in the past 6 months and have never had a problem.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Ok, I tried to order from Cinestore again today. When setting up a new account there is NO choice for USA. Every other country is listed but ours.

Real Name
Takayuki Kihara
The United States is "Etats Unis"(!) in French, so just choose it from the country drop box and everything should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks