What's new

Looking for a new Pre/pro,amp or Receiver for around $5k. Little help please. (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Well the upgrade bug has bitten again. This was brought about because I was presented with the opportunity to buy a Krell Showcase Pro and amp for $5k. Does anybody have any recomendations in this same price range I might be happier with, or should I just go for the Krell combo. I do need atleast 2 component inputs, 5.1 or 7.1 inputs. I am using 5 JMlabs 707 chorus speakers with plans for another pair, and a velodyne sub., Sony SACD player, and my Hi-def cable box. My didcated and sealed room is only 17' x 12'. I am not intrested in multi room. Mainly I use the system for movies but I do want good 2 channel sound, I mainly listen to accoustic music. I am currently using a NAD T753 reciever which is a good receiver, but just a little laid back for me, and I had previously had the Acurus ACT-3 and A125x5 amp combo which was great but was lacking in the switching and inputs.

Thanks for any info or feedback.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks