Lookin' for a song

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jeffrey Noel, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

There's a song that plays on Channel 1 News (12 news program for school) that I cannot find the name for. I've contacted Channel 1 twice asking for help and they just refer me to the "What's Playing" link on their website which doesn't list the song.

The song has a dance/techno beat but the main part has an accordian playing. It sounds like something you'd hear in an Italian restaurant, but it's a fast beat. That's all I really know!

If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

[​IMG]

3. Jeffrey Noel

Whoops, meant 12 minute news program for school age kids.

If you have never heard of it, Channel 1 is a 12 minute program every school day for middle through high schoolers. Lisa Ling, who is on several different tv shows, was a reporter for Channel 1 while I was in High School. It's actually a pretty cool news show for young-uns.

4. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Hmmm...I don't know if this is it, but I have an album from a group in France called Gotan Project. They have more of an electronia feel, I don't know about as fast as techno. They use a lot of accordian though. My favorite track is the first one. I believe they have one or more albums than this one. So look around, maybe these guys are the band you're looking for.

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2787900

5. Jeffrey Noel

You're the man Lee!! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm still trying to narrow down the song (only using the 30 second samples), but I believe it is "Santa Maria".

Your help is definitely appreciated!! [​IMG] [​IMG]