What's new

Local DVD goldmine! (1 Viewer)

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I now know the feeling. I recently went into a used record shop that had a few shelves of used DVDs. I found Oz: season one for $25 as well as Mystery Science Theater 3000 packs for $30. They are the only place in this area that has a clue as to how to resell dvds. Too many places around here(mid MI) sell them for almost exactly the same as the new prices I've seen at Best Buy.

I don't know if I'd go around telling everyone where it is though. That kind of place only remains your gold mine if other people don't dig out the goods from it.;)

Speaking of stolen merchandise. I commonly get that feeling. Especially when I look at some of the used DVDs in the mall. They sell stuff without the original case, or these grainy printer versions of the cover. Definitely shady.

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip, Brad. I'll have to check it out on my way through town. But you've probably gotten all the good ones by now. ;)

And I'll have to agree with you on the China DVDs. I was there on business for a few weeks and all I could find were pirated DVDs. One big shop had almost flawless reproductions for $2 a disk. At first I thought they were official versions, they looked so good. It was funny to read the liner notes on the jackets and boxes with awful misspellings and typos.

Have you noticed that some people on Amazon are selling "Asian Versions" of DVDs for 1/3 the price? I'm surprised that these people are not getting busted.

Brandon

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Brandon,

I was typically paying slightly less than a dollar for them but then there were ones that were known as "DVD9" that you could always be sure were top quality and those typically sold for about 2 bucks or so...that must have been what you saw.

brad cook

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator
Brad,

That's exactly what they were. This shop made a distinction between "DVD" (for about $1) and "DVD-9" (for about $2).

Tons of popular CDs (and HDCDs) also for $1.

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks