What's new

Little Known 1962 Nuclear War Film .... "This Is Not A Test" .... Reviews? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
This Is Not a Test (1962/72 minutes) is a somewhat little-known "B" motion picture, with nobody in it I've ever heard of, and really terrible acting. But still, I like this picture!
Its plot has a group of unrelated souls gathering along a closed mountain roadway .... awaiting "the bomb" to fall.
The subject matter and the nighttime photography are plusses here.
Who else likes/dislikes this one?
I was surprised to find that this is available on DVD! (Something Weird Video has it out.) ......
B0000639GE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Sorry, no offense to you, but the tv station I work at used to run this one in the '70s (it seems like a hundred times)and I never did like it. I thought it was boring. But hey, there are lots of bad films I like too that nobody else does (remember "The Giant Gila Monster"?) I'm a little surprised that it surfaced on DVD, but Something Weird does come up with some strange stuff.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ah, the special effects in The Giant Gila Monster were so ... compelling. Look, I love bad movies. Didn't Pauline Kael once say that if one doesn't love bad movies he or she doesn't really love movies at all? (Well, that's the self-absorbed Kael for you.)

How 'bout Panic in the Year Zero?

Or Zontar: Thing From Venus?

Oh, and the classic about invading robots from Venus--they were destroyed by high-pitched sounds, eventually. What was that thing called? Just on the tip of my tongue here.

Really bad movies are great!

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Jack:

Oh, and the classic about invading robots from Venus--they were destroyed by high-pitched sounds, eventually. What was that thing called? Just on the tip of my tongue here.
Was it TARGET EARTH? Which I haven't seen since I was about 8 years old (and that was 40 years ago).

--Bill

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes! You are most correct, Bill. Last I saw it was on commercially interrupted television back in, oh, 1980 or thereabouts. And I saw it first about the same time you did, thus dating me as well! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks