What's new

Little House on the Prairie: building the best possible collection (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Not the sidetrack the thread, but all this reminds me of when I was trying to record Star Trek in the 80s off network TV. I was so happy about getting that done shortly after mom bought us a VCR. But the channel (an Augusta GA channel) just began to aired chopped up episodes at that time. It was maddening, and I blame it partly for my high blood pressure 35+ years later. Best example, and one I'll never forget, "What are Little Girls Made of?": before commercial Kirk is hanging from a ledge and Rock (Ruk?) is about to maybe knock him off. After commercial, Kirk is shown safe and sound off the ledge and all is well in the world of Star Trek. Steam was coming out of my head. I only got those on tape after Sci-fi channel showed them years later. Anyway, I know everybody has their stories about trying to get shows... :)

So far, I don't remember any of the edits on Little House bothering me a lot. Just knowing they are there, on something I actually bought is enough... Can't wait to see them as they should be.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Mr. Handley said:
In the season 1 episoide titled Town Party, Country Party there is an entire scene that was cut-out for syndication. It's a totally innocent scene of Laura taking a bath prior to attending Nellie's party. I understand that it was cut not for time, but because it shows a pre-pubescent Laura "topless". As I said, the scene is totally innocent and there's really "nothing" to see. It'll be interesting to see if that one's been restored in the upcoming release.
I don't know..I seem to recall there being a scene somewhere in the series on DVD that showed Laura in the bath (no clue where), so if a similar scene was cut out of the episode that you're referring to, why would it have been for the reason you state?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi brad,

read thru this thread. i kept saying we would get a fixed blu-ray release eventually.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Looks great but I wish I could get it full screen on my 4:3 monitor to get the full impact of the upgrade. All it does instead is just barely enlarge it and replaces the YouTube site with a heavy amount of pillarboxing and letterboxing when I hit the full screen button.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I forgot to preorder it. Now it's regular price. grrr... sure is colorful, even the scenes from the pilot. something to look forward to, this. Once I finish season 4 and 5 I'll go back and buy this and watch again. I hope the remaining season come out quickly and look this good.

"We're home..." :)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Radioman970 said:
I forgot to preorder it. Now it's regular price. grrr...
I got in on the pre-order price of $18.99. What a bargain! Could you ever imagine Star Trek or I Love Lucy debuting at that price?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Is this Ultraviolet bonus digital thing that these are bundled with something that can be viewed from a modern videogame console? Or just from your PC?

I don't care for digital bonuses but since it's a freebie, I might stick a few of my favorite episodes on to my PS3 if they're standard files like MP4's or set up a streaming account with some service if that's how they work.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
LHOTP Season 2 DVD and Blu-ray releases have been announced for May. Amazon has the DVD listed for $28 but no BR yet listed. However, Walmart has the BR release listed for $19, including tax and shipping.This is the same as how season 1 was released, Amazon was higher initially but eventually matched Walmart. While I prefer ordering from Amazon, I have an order in with Walmart just in case to ensure the lower price point.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mark-P said:
I got in on the pre-order price of $18.99. What a bargain! Could you ever imagine Star Trek or I Love Lucy debuting at that price?
The day I can beam to a store on the moon, buy Trek, then beam back to my house and watch it all in a space of 10 minutes... I'll believe it! These are like gifts to fans.
smithbrad said:
LHOTP Season 2 DVD and Blu-ray releases have been announced for May. Amazon has the DVD listed for $28 but no BR yet listed. However, Walmart has the BR release listed for $19, including tax and shipping. This is the same as how season 1 was released, Amazon was higher initially but eventually matched Walmart. While I prefer ordering from Amazon, I have an order in with Walmart just in case to ensure the lower price point.
Post of the Day for me. Thank you. I just preordered both (separate orders). I wish I'd known and I would have delayed watching this time and wouldn't be plowing a good straight row through season 4 right now. (just watched the one with Buck Rogers trying to beedee beedee beedee his way into the Ingals' House!) I could have watched more Waltons instead. Good thing is I couldn't find my old Good Times copy of the pilot so I haven't seen it in ages.

(scratch that, preorder didn't go through. Walmart.com is having trouble processing my orders. Tried with cc and paypal, no go. Nothing wrong with my accounts whatsoever. somehow I'm sure Nellie is behind this... I might try that cash option if my customer service requests go the way I think they will. Same thing happened when I tried to order OZ 3D from them last year . Now, if amazon would match their prices the problem would be solved for now)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mr. Handley said:
WOW! Pretty quick follow-up for S2 there, I love it! I hope they release the entire series.
wikipedia has a slightly grammatically challenged line about the "complete series"..."The complete series of will be released on Blu-ray Disc,[17] beginning with Season One, which is slated for release on March 25, 2014.[18] The Blu-ray release will be remastered and restored with high definition picture and sound.[" wiki wouldn't lie! no no nooo

Walmart told me to reorder in 24 hours after the first attempt. I know they were sitting there with a watch waiting for me to go too soon. But it's been 45 minutes and aaaall's well.

btw, has anyone seen the Disney mini-series? I started to order it too for $5 but it only ships free if the order is $50. Clips on youtube look weird without the real thing we know and love. Maybe one day they'll have that one in the $5 bin at the store and it won't take much movement to snatch one.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
The Disney mini-series was pretty good actually. Very true to the books...still not as good as the original, obviously. But not a bad show. I need to purchase it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks