What's new

Little House on the Prairie: building the best possible collection (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i think when you combine this tidbit with what neil stated - it lends that much more credence to a new product in the making.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I hope they include the original pilot movie. I have the Goodtimes Video version. I'd meant to "upgrade" to the newer one, but glad I didn't.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i cant imagine why they wouldnt !!

that is an important part of the introduction to the characters, story, etc.

one thing about blu-ray releases, which i have stated before - most of the things get fixed from the various dvd releases.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was disappointed the current single season 1 didn't include that pilot movie. I also think it does a great job intro'ing the folks on the show. I really like the ruggedness of that pilot. They had several episodes follow that were like that and it was probably the show at its best.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I really hope they can do this one correctly. I bought the entire series on DVD (including the pilot movie and the "after series" movies) and the quality is all over the place. Some episodes look fine, but others are sped-up and some look like they were edited with a dull hatchet! If they re-do it with the same care as the Bonanza sets, then I'm all in for a double-dip!

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Good news. I always liked this show as a kid, and I'm loving the price point! Plus the fact that they seem to have gone back to the "original elements" seems a huge plus.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Watching some of the discs from season seven is painful. And unfortunately, a couple of them don't work at all, which is not too surprising given the reviews I have read pertaining to this season. I will probably purchase this uncut release for one of my daughters.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
If these are truly remastered and uncut I might be tempted to finally get a cheapy Blu-ray player. :)

Gary "I'll wait and see what the reviews are before making a final decision - but it sounds promising" O.

P.S. Just did a check on the running time of the original Lionsgate dvd release of S1 (which we know did use cut prints) and the running time is exactly the same as the one listed at Walmart.com for this upcoming Blu release. That gives me pause.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
benbess said:
Good news. I always liked this show as a kid, and I'm loving the price point! Plus the fact that they seem to have gone back to the "original elements" seems a huge plus.
Where does it say they went back to the original elements? That price scares me a bit because it seems too cheap to cover any real work being done. I hope this isn't just an upconvert of what we already have. This title deserves a proper release in HD.

Edit: It's not in the Walmart listing, but I see now Neil mentioned it earlier in the thread. The price point still scares me a bit, as if Liongate might have taken short-cuts. Hope it meets expectations. I'm currently rewatching season 2 with one of my daughters before bed right now.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
smithbrad said:
Where does it say they went back to the original elements? That price scares me a bit because it seems too cheap to cover any real work being done. I hope this isn't just an upconvert of what we already have. This title deserves a proper release in HD.
Yep. I think I got my hopes up too quickly. After looking at the running times, and considering the price, I've got to think this isn't what we were hoping for. Looks like my BR player purchase is still on hold. LOL

Gary "too bad" O.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Based on other Blu-ray releases I would have expected something more like at least $60 retail and maybe a sale price of $45 at best, but not $20. Maybe they located the original elements but just did a basic transfer to HD without any cleanup work. If they did go all out I would have expected more fanfare about the release than just a Walmart exclusive. Tough to get a read on this one.

Edit: Maybe a pricing error. It's not like Walmart hasn't had those in the past.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Will it be depressingly sad, or a laid back stop at the fishing hole after school? You can never tell with Little House! Or the episode releases.

Late March dudes! Need some lucky bastard with a early copy!

... added it to my cart and clicked through as if to buy so I could check shipping, it gave me an age check. :blink: this is getting weirder and weirder...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
benbess said:
Ockeghem: "Painful" in what way? The content or the pq?
Benbess,

Both. Some of the episodes look like they're straight from VHS copies, and some discs freeze and pixilate. I tried disc one of season seven on three players, including my son's PS3 which reads almost anything. The reviews I read of this season (picture quality and disc-wise) in particular were quite negative.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Radioman970 said:
Will it be depressingly sad, or a laid back stop at the fishing hole after school? You can never tell with Little House! Or the episode releases.

Late March dudes! Need some lucky bastard with a early copy!

... added it to my cart and clicked through as if to buy so I could check shipping, it gave me an age check. :blink: this is getting weirder and weirder...
That's Walmart. I believe anything that is unrated automatically gets that age check dialog. Shipping is free.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm going to be holding-off on this one until I see some reviews. If these are truly the uncut, unsped-up episodes then I'm all in, otherwise why bother?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks