What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Bill Hunt refuses to entertain the possibility that the master looks as it does because that’s how James Cameron wanted it to look. Cameron has said before that he doesn’t love film grain and he’s said before that he wanted the movie to look the way it would look if he shot it today, so… that’s what I think this is. No conspiracy, no “refuses to acknowledge,” I think it’s just as simple as Cameron wants it to look as it does now.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Yet they still won't release it in 3D, which is the reason for its existence. Some anniversary.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Lionsgate unfortunately doesn’t support 3D on disc any longer but it is available as an import from international labels. It probably didn’t help the cause that the 3D reissue was a giant flop domestically.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Bill Hunt refuses to entertain the possibility that the master looks as it does because that’s how James Cameron wanted it to look. Cameron has said before that he doesn’t love film grain and he’s said before that he wanted the movie to look the way it would look if he shot it today, so… that’s what I think this is. No conspiracy, no “refuses to acknowledge,” I think it’s just as simple as Cameron wants it to look as it does now.
I have a huge problem with Hunt. During the flap of the Star Wars issue (fans not liking that the original theatrical version wouldn’t be released), his reply to this was something to the effect of “it’s only a movie”. I boycotted him and his posts immediately after that. I don’t go to that site anymore.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have a huge problem with Hunt. During the flap of the Star Wars issue (fans not liking that the original theatrical version wouldn’t be released), his reply to this was something to the effect of “it’s only a movie”. I boycotted him and his posts immediately after that. I don’t go to that site anymore.
There's nothing like holding a grudge.:D

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
on the very off-chance this release happens to be a corrected transfer I pre-ordered. will return unopened if I see in-hand reports of it being the same lousy disc currently available. (and yes, I am well aware the latter will more than likely be the case.)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

There are some discs out there which have grain pretty much fully removed, but the actors don't like such wax figures. With the current disc, some of the shots are God awful with such heavy DNR that it almost looks like it was put through some sort of Photoshop technique. Some shots have edge enhancement. And then there is the inconsistent color timing aspects. I watched the T2 UHD BD recently and it just feels like a sloppy job - my guess is because the focus was just converting it to 3D. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see a new transfer.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
Anybody know what Linda Hamilton is doing these days? Favorite of mine.
Especially "Beauty and the Beast"

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Anybody know what Linda Hamilton is doing these days? Favorite of mine.
Especially "Beauty and the Beast"
Well, she made Terminator: Dark Fate in 2019, and was not very good in it:

Since then she's done a film called Easy Does It, has been in two television shows, and has done some video game voice work.

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
I normally fawn over natural grain and eschew DNR (and I absolutely can't stand sharpening to the point of haloing), but I know when I watched this UHD a couple years ago, I liked it and didn't mind the lack of grain, since the detail is quite good and sharp, and thinking that as a science fiction movie the slick look was OK. YMMV - of course!

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I was very lucky when "Beauty and the Beast" was on the air to acquire a cast only (sort of) leather jacked embroidered with the show logo on the back (rose) and the title. Beautiful jacket. I still have it. A few of us fans campaigned for a third season, which we got, but Season 3 was not good. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Well, she made Terminator: Dark Fate in 2019, and was not very good in it:

Since then she's done a film called Easy Does It, has been in two television shows, and has done some video game voice work.

Dark Fate was only so-so as a movie, but I don't think that was Hamilton's fault. She did what she was supposed to do, which was play an older, more grizzled version of Sarah Connor.

One of her recent TV roles is playing the nefarious military general on Resident Alien, which is a fun show.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Dark Fate was only so-so as a movie, but I don't think that was Hamilton's fault. She did what she was supposed to do, which was play an older, more grizzled version of Sarah Connor.
I thought her performance was one of the worst things about the film. Perhaps I was expecting too much, but I thought the return of Sarah Connor to the franchise was a huge letdown.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think Hamilton was fine in what was not a terribly exciting film, which I blame the script and direction for. I think the big problem with Dark Fate was that, from Cameron’s point of view as the guy signing off on the story idea, it was all fresh, new and bold, but from the audience perspective, was a rehash of elements from all of the post-Cameron films jumbled up into a new film that felt mostly “been there, done that.”

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I haven't seen ". . . Dark Fate", but I think it is easy to forget that movie stars age just like we do. As much as we'd like to remember them as the beautiful/handsome stars of their (and our) youth, unless they are killed in a plane crash or die of a disease prematurely, we will see them age. One example is Tom Hanks, who's performances get better and better even as he ages out of the juvenile roles we originally got to know him in. I look forward to Linda Hamilton's next project - whatever it is.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Her age has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of her work in Dark Fate.

Anyway, we're derailing this thread, so to get back on-topic, I'll just say that IF this steelbook release of T2 turns out to be a new, improved transfer, I'll buy it. Again. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks