What's new

Life changes....for the beter (1 Viewer)

Mike_Mig

Stunt Coordinator
Well my life has gone through some changes recently that I thought were going to be terrible. I had advance warning on some. First I was told I was going to have to work night shift, which is from 3:30pm till 4am if I work the whole shift. I am the boss so I can leave if I really need to but can't really do it to often. This is after 2 years of day shift, 5:30am to 4pm. Kind of a big change. And if anyone read my introduction thread, I had totalled my car and my receiver quit working the same day. Well I finally found out I am getting $9270 after my $500 deductible for my 98 cavalier which I was going to trade in anyway. I was only going to get like $4500 on a trade in, so I made out great with insurance. I also got my denon 4800 back today, without for 2 weeks, and it is fixed perfectly, I realized ater I got it back how much i really missed it, TV speakers suck. Finally the best part, some of the guys who work for me took me out after work tonight, we left early, and introduced me to this great girl. I just broke up with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago. It seems like all of a sudden many things are changing in my life, but it is all happening for the better. I was really dreading this 2nd shift thing, but sometimes life helps you when you least expect it. I just wanted to share a hopeful story with some of you who may have anxious times ahead, it may turn out to be better than you can imagine.

Mike

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
I am glad things worked out for you.:D
Life has a way of balancing itself out. I saved for a long time for a Mitsu 46" HDRPTV. I was within a day of buying it when I found out that I had to have surgery that would knock me out of work for six months. There goes all the money I saved. What a horrible blow. That night I won 5G off a scratch off lottery ticket. And found out insurance would cover my paycheck each week.:D

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I worked a nigh shift for several years and found I really iked it. There is a very different society that works at night and plays at day......

BTW: which do you like best, your job, your new car, your receiver or THE GIRL........

Mike_Mig

Stunt Coordinator
Donny,
I am just driving a loaner now, my new car should be here next week. It will probably be the best of them all. Or, maybe not, the girl is real nice. Ah, who am I kidding, I couldn't live without my receiver. :)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Ha ha ha... A man true to life. The receiver come first! ;)
Glad to hear things are working out for you. I lost my job last year and have been out of work since August. Maybe my good fortune is just around the corner.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mike, that's awesome! Glad to hear everything worked out. As an eternal optimist, I love stories like this. As for me, I'm one of those guys in the "anxious" period. I just broke up with my girlfriend two months ago, will be losing my job in 2 more months and presently live with the girl I want to date (who happens to be my ex's best friend). I know that everything will work out in the end, but the next 4 months will have plenty of anxiety for sure. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks