What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp - New Studio picks up rights (1 Viewer)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
cajunhillbilly said:
Since all that was released in the past is season 1, I would consider buying the whole series. But I am not going to buy the complete Real McCoys just to get season 4 and 5.
That would be excellent. I had never seen the show prior to buying the first season release, and really enjoyed it. Now this is one of those remaining grail shows for me.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Season 2 confirmed for release on March 12th. Box Art
2a05744b_LifeAndLegendOfWyattEarp_S2_Inception.jpeg

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Good news to see Season 2 confirmed with box art. This is a great series so I really hope they see it through releases of all 6 seasons.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Considering some of the product that has come from SFM in the past (Real McCoys, Joey Bishop Show, etc.), I will wait until this gets released and the reviews come in. I notice that nowhere on the press release does it say complete or uncut. That being the case, I'll hold my enthusiasm.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Encore Westerns just finished broadcasting Season 1, and started Season 2. So far, so good. The episodes come in at 26 min and change, so I'm guessing that if SFM is using the same materials as Encore, they are probably uncut. The quality is quite good, as was Season 1. That being said, I'm still recording all the Encore episodes, and comparing the them to the Season One set I have. The Season Two has a different opening and closing credits than Season One. I hope that SFM releases all 6 seasons, but if not, I will have the Encore episodes to fall back on.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
Encore Westerns just finished broadcasting Season 1, and started Season 2. So far, so good. The episodes come in at 26 min and change, so I'm guessing that if SFM is using the same materials as Encore, they are probably uncut. The quality is quite good, as was Season 1. That being said, I'm still recording all the Encore episodes, and comparing the them to the Season One set I have. The Season Two has a different opening and closing credits than Season One. I hope that SFM releases all 6 seasons, but if not, I will have the Encore episodes to fall back on.
I agree that is definitely the way to go. As cheap as DVD-R media is these days, around 30 cents for top of the line discs. it only cost a few dollars to record a season. Then if it comes out on DVD, no big deal to toss them out. But at least if it doesn't, you know you're covered. That was something a friend taught me 30+ years ago. It's a lot easier to record something and then erase it or get rid of it then it is to wish you had. But of course if everyone had followed that thought process, we'd have about 95% fewer threads in this forum!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
At that price, since I'm not a big fan of westerns anyway, I think I'll live with my DVDRs from Encore. However, it is good news as now Inception is doing this and Real McCoys so perhaps Make Room For Daddy and Joey Bishop will not be far behind. Those I certainly would be in for!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Good news and its about time. They replied to my inquiry at the end of 2013 and said They would be releasing these MOD in 2014. So hopefully it really happens this time.

So far nothing on Amazon or the Inception Media website.

Richard V said:
Good News!!! Inception Media is going to complete the Series. Seasons 3-6 will all be made available as MOD, the price will be about 43.00 per season. Read about it here: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Life-Legend-Wyatt-Earp-Seasons-3-4--5and-6/20636

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Considering that Wyatt Earp S-3 thru S-6 had 155 episodes, (39,38,41,37 episodes per season), that is a very good price. It will be interesting to see if that price jumps up or down after the Jan. 13th release date.

They are also showing at oldies.com for $39.98 each season.

It's great that they are releasing the last four seasons all at once.

I guess it won't happen, but it would be nice if they included that colorized TV compilation of the OK Corral episodes from the '90s, RETURN TO TOMBSTONE. I recall that the new wraparound segments with Hugh O'Brian and Harry Carey Jr. were filmed in black and white and also colorized to match the colorization of the black and white original episode segments.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Not expecting it, but it would be nice if the initial batch is "pressed" disks like WB before going the "burned" disk route. We know Amazon can handle the burning process, don't know about Oldies.com.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Oldies is listing the Earps as DVD-R, as they do all MOD titles, but Amazon, so far, is not. Maybe they are coming from SFM directly. So I was also thinking they might actually be DVDs. We will see shortly.

I have received pressed Warner Archive TV titles from Oldies in the past, but I have not tried ordering any WB TV Archive series since Oldies started using DVD-Rs for their new ALPHA titles, thinking they may be set up now like Amazon and be burning all their own studio archives titles.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Season 3-6 are all listed for preorder on Amazon @ $30.77. Release date is 1/13/15. When I received a reply from Inception Media over a year ago. They indicated they would be doing them as DVD-R so I don't think they planned on any pressed discs but its possible plans have changed. This is probably one of those series caught in the middle where the sales are not quite good enough to keep pressing discs but not quite bad enough to abandon the series altogether.

At $30.00 I will give Season 3 a shot and see how the quality is compared to previous seasons. If its the same then I will get the rest at $30.00 each. Don't think I would go $40.00 or $43.00 though pressed or not.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Back up to $40 now that the pre-order is over and shows out of stock, which I think is what Amazon does with their MOD program at times.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It is no longer listed at all under Amazon, but has popped up on Best Buy.com @ 49.99. OUCH. Can't find anything on Inception Media web site.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
It's also still listed @ Oldies.com. The reason I can still see it on Amazon is because I made a pre-order, so it is on my order page, and when I click on it I see the updated price of $40. However, it doesn't seem to come up under the search capability. I'm guessing because they now say it is temporarily unavailable. Possibly, Inception hasn't provided it yet, so Amazon took it away until it really is available.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I preordered Season 3 and 4 from Amazon and both orders say the following:
Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
It had been showing a release date of January 13. Each season came to a total of 32.+ including tax, but I see they have since gone up in price.
I placed the other two seasons on my Amazon wishlist, and they still are showing there as available to preorder.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I received an estimated delivery date for my Season 3 preorder today, which is Wednesday, January 28. I also preordered Season 4 and there was no mention of that.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I've heard nothing from Amazon yet. However, i did contact SFM and they responded to say that they would be releasing a complete series package in the near future of all six seasons for $129 discounted. For those interested that don't have any of the seasons yet it might be worth waiting for the complete series since that comes to about $22 a season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandallFlagg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale