What's new

LG 65EG9600 Screen Spotting (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've noticed an issue with the screen on my LG set and I'm wondering if anyone else has had or is having the same issue. The issue being that spots have appeared, almost symmetrically, about a quarter of the way in from each edge of the screen. They resemble air bubbles or voids and have appeared in groups of four or five spots, arranged in a diamond shape.

They don't seem to affect PQ, but I never saw them there before. I am immensely bothered by them now, since they are the first thing I notice when I look at the TV when it is off.

daveinAP

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Duchene
I own the same model.I have not noticed any spots anywhere on the screen.I will keep an eye out for this though.Thanks for the alert. I have had my set for about 9 months now and have been really pleased with the picture quality.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
IIRC, the 3D filter is applied and can have issues, I wonder if it is coming up?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I own the same model.I have not noticed any spots anywhere on the screen.I will keep an eye out for this though.Thanks for the alert. I have had my set for about 9 months now and have been really pleased with the picture quality.

The picture quality and 3D on this set has been very good, but the spotting is something to keep an eye out for.

IIRC, the 3D filter is applied and can have issues, I wonder if it is coming up?

I'm thinking that what you described is the most likely cause. They definitely look like bubbles or delamination in a screen layer. I'm going to get a hold of LGs customer service department.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
The picture quality and 3D on this set has been very good, but the spotting is something to keep an eye out for.

I'm thinking that what you described is the most likely cause. They definitely look like bubbles or delamination in a screen layer. I'm going to get a hold of LGs customer service department.

Yeah, sounds like a panel replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks