What's new

LFE output (1 Viewer)

ChrisRand

Auditioning
I have a Koss 6.1 setup and on mine the dvd player and I guess it would be called the amp are built into one. So all my speaker connections are made to one large unit. I was wanting to hook up two bass shakers and I searched and it said I had to have an LFE output. Now I looked at the back of it and I got the speaker connections for the subwoofer and then I have one purple jack that says "active subwoofer out" Now I'm gonna use two of the auror bass shakers (25 watts a peice) and then one of their 50 watt plate amps. How exactly is the plate amp going to hook up to my unit?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
LFE (active sub) out from the unit to the plate amp input, just like it sounds like you are thinking. Should work.

ChrisRand

Auditioning
How does that make the connection? Do the make special cables or what? It's just one purple jack on mine.

lee ison

Stunt Coordinator
by one purple jack i'm assuming it is a RCA jack?, if so run a single cable from your rec. to the amp. MY question is, does your plate amp have 2 spkr out jacks?and can it drive both shakers safely?YOU may need another amp to drive both shakers, you can do this with "y" splitter cable( one in &two outs )wiring would be 1 cable from the rec. to the "Y", 2cables out, 1 to each amp, you can find this at your local radio shack., hope this helps.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Should be ok with the one amp. There should be some instructions somewhere on ways to make the connections from a single amp to both of the bass shakers.

The output on that active subwoofer jack looks just like the input on the plate amp correct? Shielded RCA cable will be fine for this application.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks