What's new

LFE on and subwoofer off (1 Viewer)

Charles_R_C

Auditioning
I have the Sony STR-DE975. I also have the "cubed" speakers that I used to be happy with. I “upgraded” my receiver to have optical sound. The speakers recommend "subwoofer - off" and "LFE - on", as there is no subwoofer cable. The receiver automatically turns LFE off when turning sub-woofer off. (I know, "what a predicament".) I am sincerely trying to educate myself. Is it possible to "re-wire" the receiver to turn LFE on while having subwoofer off? Or am I, in technical terms, "S.O.L"?
e-mail me with suggestions

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Charles. Welcome to HTF.:)
Your receiver does something called "Bass Management". This is because some people have all small speakers, a mix, all large speakers and all of the above with/without a sub.
On your receiver: if you have LFE off, your receiver will send the ".1" channel to any LARGE speaker. Your "cube" speakers (who's name shall not be mentioned);) can handle both the low-frequency and high-frequency because of that bass module. You should tell your receiver that you have LARGE speakers. This will insure your receiver works correctly for those speakers.
Set LFE to OFF/NONE
Set L/R/Center speakers to LARGE
Good Luck.
PS: I'm going to move this post to the Receivers section where others may chime in with more advice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks