What's new

LFE/BASS management with Marantz sr6004 (1 Viewer)

Elson

Auditioning
Real Name
Kymäläinen
Hi

My question is: can i get the lfe- channel information playbacked via my front left and right channels?

I have a pair of large speakers in front and i used to route the lfe- channel through them and a subwoofer which was connected with line-level input. Results were great with my old receiver but now i can´t get the "oooomph" with Marantz (you know what i mean). Any Marantz owners who could help me out?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Within the receiver's speaker setup menu, there should be an option to specify your main speakers as "Large" or "Full Range". Turn this feature on and the receiver should route the full range audio signal to your mains as well as the LFE channel to the subwoofer.

Generally, though, this isn't really recommended. Many feel it's better to let the subwoofer (which has its own amplifier) handle all the low-end duties, thus taking the strain off the mains and letting them do their job - which is really the mids and highs.

If you're dissatisfied with the performance of your subwoofer, perhaps you should consider upgrading your sub. What model subwoofer are you currently using?

Also, have you properly calibrated your system? After calibration, have you tried adjusting the LFE level in the receiver menu and/or boosted the gain on the subwoofer itself? There are a lot of things that can be done to boost the bass performance that should be tried before routing LFE to your mains, IMO.

Elson

Auditioning
Real Name
Kymäläinen
It should work just as you explained but no. I´ve seen a review of sr 6004 and they said that lfe- is lost if you don´t use a "separate" subwoofer.

I seem to get some lfe with my dvd test disc but it´s very weak and lfe-settings doesn´t seem to have any effect.

My front speakers are Dali 8008 and they do very well down to just below 40 hz. They have a tight and poweful mid-bass so i´d really want them to get involved with lfe. My Rel subwoofer takes care of frequencies below 40 hz to 20 hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks