What's new

Lewis vs. Klitschko (spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I've been watching boxing since I was a young boy and I trained as a boxer during my youth right here in Ottawa. I'm no expert, but Mike Tyson (in his prime) was one of the most powerful punchers that I have ever seen. Let me also say that I think Mike Tyson is one of the worst things to ever happen to boxing.

Just my opinion... having never been hit by Tyson and Lewis I can't say for sure. :)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I would easily take Tyson over Lewis in both of their primes, but in all fairness, Tyson in his "glory days" didn't fight anyone either. Michael Spinks, Carl Williams, Frank Bruno? I mean these guys are no better than who Lewis has fought. Tyson was ferocious and vicious and always delivered a KO but what seems to get lost in his legend is that all he ever beat were bums. I am not saying he ducked fights either, its just what the division had to offer.

Blu

Screenwriter
Holyfield is the best fighter in this generation of heavyweights.
4 time champion, he fought everyone.
He did lose some fights he shouldn't have lost but no one has been in the wars that Holyfield was in either.
If he should fight Jones however I'm afraid that Jones will get the better of him as well, just too many championship rounds under Holyfield's belt.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Keep in mind that Evander and Roy Jones Jr. are not "real" Heavyweights. I say this because they do not fight at their natural fighting weight. They both started at lower classifications and beat the bleep out of everybody in those classes and got bored. I tend to give these guys a little more credit than the natural heavyweight at 6'3"+ carrying 245+ lbs.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
anyone know if this fight will be re-broadcast on HBO soon? I missed the chance to see it live.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks