What's new

Leviton 3x8 Bi-Directional Video Module (1 Viewer)

After looking at the schematic in the Leviton catalog, I'm a little confused on how to hook everything up. From what I can tell it has two inputs for a satellite dual LNB, a single input for an antenna and 8 outputs for various tv locations through out the house. What's really confusing me are the two outputs for the satellite receivers. How do the eight TV locations get a signal from the satellite if there are no inputs back into the module from the receivers? Are each of the eight TV locations supposed to have it's own Satellite receiver, and if so, why the two additional outputs?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
What's really confusing me are the two outputs for the satellite receivers.
Without a link to the manual it's hard to say, but my guess is the diagram only shows 2 receivers in it's drawings, but in reality each output must go to a receiver:

Thats why this diagram has each output labeled "Recvr"

Ted Drain

Agent
If the signals from the antenna and both LNB's are combined in the multiswitch, what happens at each receiver? Do you need a signal splitter so you can connect up the separate inputs on the receiver?

The receivers I've seen have 1 input for antenna, 1 for sat. I believe DirectTivo systems also require the other LNB input but I'm not sure about that one.

Does merging the signals onto a single coax introduce any noise into the picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks