What's new

Lessons learned on DVD, What they should NOT do on Blueray & HD-DVD? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yes! Don't they understand that those messages aren't a detterant to those who are going to copy the discs anyways? I mean, copying discs is illegal and if the studios are having problems fining those who are illegally copying the discs, then I hardly think a 'forced' FBI warning is of much use.

As Ilias states, put them in a separte screen or on the disc art, etc. but why do we need to see it every time we put in the disc????

This would be the same thing as if a security guard followed you around a dept. store and everytime you picked something up, he would give you a 10 second lecture about softlifting.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would like to see 1080i or 1080p output through the componenet output. I have heard to much that in most cases the component out was better than the HDMI on most DVD players. I would like to see better layer changes that are seemless, Denon uses memory buffers on there dvd players. Would love to know why other companies are not doing the same thing. I would also like to see a option where you can togle the menu off where the movie will just auto play and you can choose a default audio format if present on disc. I would be very disapointed if DTS material is not available, I feel it should be on every HD disc along with DD. As far as region coded discs go, I have no problems with region codes at all. What I do have problems with is a studio that offers DTS in another region and not here in the US! Granted that does not seem to happen alot but it still happens. There should also be an option to not have to view the FBI warning every time you watch a movie. Do they think everyone will forget if they dont show it before every movie? Any HD format should be 1080p! I also would like to see scratch resistant discs as well.

I totally agree, in the age where studios are so afraid that one person might come out and sue them because they said something that offended someone. Its such a sickning polically correct warning that it should stop now! Here is an idea, if you dont like something they say to bad! If you are that offended to watch the extra material. People that where involved with a film should say what they think about something without the studio being paranoid about someone being offended over simple comments.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Whilst ignoring the truck making a large, unauthorized withdrawal from the loading dock area of the store ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks