What's new
World Wide Stereo

Left / Right in wall speaker height? (see diagram) (1 Viewer)

Geebus

Auditioning
Real Name
Taylor Grabus
Looking for some help on how high up I should mount my in wall (L/R) speakers. I am also trying to figure out how high my rear surrounds should sit. The will be facing one another mounted on the wall about 1.5 ft behind viewing position. I am also open to feedback on any other measurements like TV height etc. Thank you in advance

TV Speaker Dimensions (1).jpg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The front speakers should be installed with the tweeters at ear level. You didn’t mention how far the rear speakers will be from the seating, but I like my speakers at least 6 ft. high if they are close. If they are some distance away (6 ft. of further) they can be anywhere from 5 ft. to 9 ft. high.

It’s best if the TV is eye level too, in case that ship hasn’t sailed...

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are you completely locked in on in-wall speakers? You certainly can have regular speakers on stands or floor standing speakers. It will open up your options, and the sound will be better.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oh, you didn't ask, but I'd put the center as close to the TV as possible, rather than splitting the distance between the TV and the media cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks