What's new

LD's/CD's in Dallas, TX? (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Looks like I will be in Dallas, Texas next week for training. I don't want to be in Dallas, Texas next week for any reason (why can't these training facilities be located in Hawaii, where I really want to go?), especially by my lonesome, but it's not my choice.

Anyway, are there any B&M's in Dallas worth checking out for laser discs? And are there any good music stores for classical/jazz/rock? Places with some real depth? I don't know where I'll be staying or where the training facility is.

Ike

Screenwriter
Two places I'd check out:
Bill's Records and Tapes
Real hole in the wall place, mainly dealing in LP's, but with a bunch of used CD's. Here's a link on where to find it. It's not a clean place (Bill's a nice guy, but smokes like a freight train) and his records are overpriced, but it's really a great local store.
As for LD's, I'd try a chain down here (don't know if it's anywhere else) called Movie Trading Company. There are several around, and they all seem to be the same, but the amount of LD's may have gone down since I last visited. I'd check Yahoo for the own closest to you.
These are my recommendations, at least.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I lived in the Dallas area for a few years. This is actually not a bad time of year to be going there.

I remember a place called "Shakespeare, Beethoven & Company" that was very good. The problem is I don't remember if it was Dallas or Rochester, NY, which is where I moved to Dallas from.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Look on the bright side, it may not be Hawaii, but its nice and warm right now. I set outside for lunch today and it was beautiful. If there had been a little less wind so as not to blow stuff around it would have been perfect. Of course, next week it could ice up, which would serve you right for being so mean to our fair city! :D I may be mistaken, but don't we have your hockey team?
Actually I'm a Missourian, and I'd rather be there. But then again I only had to clean snow and ice off my car once this year, my friends back home can't say the same.
While you're here, check out Fry's. There's one in Arlington and one near Garland. If you stay through Friday night, check out the 1st Saturday Sale. I think I saw some old LDs there once. I've also seen a handful of LDs at Half Priced Books (not sure if that's the correct name, but its close) which is a chain here, and a place in Arlington that sells tons of cool old computer stuff and a few odds and ends. I can't remember the name, but depending on where you will be, and how much free time you have it may not worth going to because of their hours.
When you know where you are staying post it here. That might help us help you.

Ike

Screenwriter
I forgot about Fry's! It's a chain, but I think TX's is especially nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks