What's new

LD player question (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I payed 180. I don't know the differences between the two units, but I'd assume that they are from the same basic design.
I'd wait to hear from Rachael about the price though...she is El Gato del Disco Grande of course :)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The 503 was 1994's budjet auto-flip player. It's somewhat similar to the 505 but older. I'd offer about $80 for the 503 and certainly pay no more than $100. To get an idea of how used components are, I always look at the buttons, knobs, and remote keys and look for smudges and finger oil. Some people clean stuff up so well this isn't a good indicator but most don't. I look for signs of heavy use... Best wishes!

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
But is it a good player? I mean I'm only going to use it to play on a Toshiba 32" (32A41). I don't need or want the best but I want something that will display a nice picture with quality sound. Basically just to get a fix of Star Wars and Indy. :)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Allen, it will give you Pioneer's average pic quality, about 50 db video S/N. You should hook it up with a composite video cable. The better the comb filter in your TV, the better the player will look. This player will exceed Super VHS performance particularly the colour. If it seems to work good and the price is right, you ought to buy it. Best wishes!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Aye dios mio!
I get so used to saying gato (that's what I call all cats)....didn't mean to refer to you has a "he" ...:)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Also to let you guys know...The D505 just arrived and I'm watching Empire on it right now. I must say the picture is better than I imagined, so definitely a worthwhile purchase.

Thanks for all the help in deciding Rachael...

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Matt, I hope you can control your laser buying habit better than me. It can be very addicting. Welcome to the laser club.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks