What's new

LD enthusiasts and receiver upgrades (1 Viewer)

Hogie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hogarth
I'm just curious how LD enthusiasts are upgrading their receivers or pre-pros, while saving the AC3-RF demodulation capabilities for LD playback.
I'm currently using a Pio Elite VSX-37TX receiver and a CLD-504 player. I was thinking I could keep the 37TX in the stack for demodulation and use its 5.1 pre-outs to a new unit for LD playback. Has anyone tried it?
It will be until at least late summer before I can upgrade, but it is something I want to do, and I can't bring myself to part with LD.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I have a separate B&K demodulator so I can use any receiver. I never tried what you are suggesting but don't think it will work. Best to get your hands on a demodulator, maybe through ebay.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have an old Pioneer Elite DD decoder which I plug into the 5.1 inputs on my receiver. Sounds fantastic for LD.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have a CLD-704 in the basement system with a Yamaha RF demodulator and a CLD-79 in the main system with a Lexicon demodulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks