What's new

Laverne & Shirley: The Complete Sixth Season ... FINALLY coming to DVD, May 21st, 2013!!! (1 Viewer)

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Excellent! Now if only we can see the final season of Mork & Mindy sometime soon!

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
No to mention THE BOB NEWHART SHOW seasons 5 & 6, which were announced on amazon in 2011 (I still get an email from amazon now and then stating that the order is still open but they aren't sure when they will have an update). Great news about L&S!

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Ethan Riley said:
Always a good thing when Paramount announces classic titles...
Especially ones that have been stalled at one point or another! I hope with this release of Laverne & Shirley means that there is a likelihood of seeing a continuation of Happy Days and Mork and Mindy on DVD (in not-so-distant future)!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I get doubtful about Happy Days because of all the "ain't gonna happen" threads in the forum. I usually don't pay attention, but it does seem unlikely. I dunno...maybe soon. I'm still floored that they finally are unstalling Family Ties.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The first California season is actually not that bad. It's afterwards that things really went downhill. Shirley leaving the show was the nail in the coffin.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
I get doubtful about Happy Days because of all the "ain't gonna happen" threads in the forum. I usually don't pay attention, but it does seem unlikely. I dunno...maybe soon. I'm still floored that they finally are unstalling Family Ties.

From the little I know (via the crystal ball over the years and other insider info) it really does seem like Happy Days is going to be a tough nut to crack and get back into the rotation because of the extensive music issues. There were so many pop songs used, and if we did get a release I can't imagine how chopped up and/or filled with subbed music it would be. I just don't think this one is in the cards.
Gary "of course, now that I said that publicly a full and complete boxed set will be announced tomorrow" O.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
David Rain said:
The first California season is actually not that bad. It's afterwards that things really went downhill. Shirley leaving the show was the nail in the coffin.
Agreed. Aside from the convent episode with Louise Lasser and the season-opener where the girls are hypnotized into behaving like chickens, Season 8 is unwatchable--especially the episodes with Frank or Carmine center-stage. I hope S7 comes out eventually too.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While I agree that Shirley leaving was the nail in the coffin, I watched all except about three episodes on The Hub for the California years a year or so ago (The other's never showed up). There wasn't a single one that I'd classify as good. A few come close to approaching that category like the hypnotism one and the two part episode where they have to break into their bosses office overnight to get a letter back telling him off when they didn't get their raise (They got it after they sent it so they wanted to retrieve it before he saw it). But that's as good as any of the California episodes reached. Those seasons are in the "ok" category at best. The first four seasons of Milwaukee are great, the last season there was decent but showing a clear decline, and then I have no interest in owning the rest when everyone pulled up anchor and moved to California. Even when they had a great premise in the later seasons they couldn't turn out a good episode let alone a great one (The one where their apartment was haunted is such a missed opportunity that had a lot of potential but fell flat).

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
I am another one who didn't necessarily hate the California episodes...in fact I used to look forward to them in syndication! But late in that era, the show did get campy, and then when it became "Laverne...Where's Shirley?" that was the point of no return. One bad thing about this set is because it's nigh-impossible to get Beatles song rights, we will lose the "Yesterday" montage at the end of the last Milwaukee episode. (and of course since this is CBS we're talking about, it won't end with that. Plus no Paramount Blue Mountains) Always loved that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks