What's new

Laurel & Hardy: Year One (1 Viewer)

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
It's now in my hands. Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to start watching what may very well be the release of the year! :thumbsup:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Why do I have a feeling that this release is going to be one of the most screened and compared to previous release, probably expect maybe three or four different reviews on this side alone. And apparently Volume 2 and volume three are already in the works., think I heard mention of that on one of the threads on nitrateville

Skretvedt

Agent
Real Name
Randy Skretvedt
Hello, folks -- Randy Skretvedt here. I was privileged to provide commentaries, write booklet notes, and assemble the photo galleries for this release. It's such a pleasure to see these films in gorgeous quality. When these existed only in grainy, blurry dupes, it was a bit of a chore to sit through them, but now they're easy on the eyes, and as a result much funnier.

FreshFish

Auditioning
Real Name
John Wilson
Thanks Randy, I'm a big fan of your work, and I can't wait for a copy of this release to reach me in the UK!

Can you recommend any particular book to read to accompany this? ;)

Skretvedt

Agent
Real Name
Randy Skretvedt
Thanks Randy, I'm a big fan of your work, and I can't wait for a copy of this release to reach me in the UK!

Can you recommend any particular book to read to accompany this? ;)
Thanks for your kind words -- I hope you enjoy the new Blu-ray.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
The Lobster restoration of The Battle of the Century in this release is an improvement on the one in the 2020 Definitive Restorations Blu-Ray. Not a night-and-day difference, but definitely apparent, and more pleasing overall, to my eyes. It uses the same Donald Sosin score.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As has mine. I’ll be digging into this as time permits over the next week, but just from an initial read of the included 36 page monograph, I know that this will be one of the most important classic releases of the year.

Kudos to Flicker Alley, and all involved!

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
My copy arrived in the mail today. I've read over the booklet, but haven't had a chance to watch any of it yet, since I've been watching the live recording on the Patreon feed for the "Stu's Show" podcast for the past three and a half hours. It was one of two packages I got today. The other package was from Amazon, the Honeymooners Specials.

Attachments

• 20230819150321_1.jpg
    20230819150321_1.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks