Last House/Left & Predator SE R2,any good?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Marty Lockstead, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Hello eveyone,
    For the past while I've been sitting on the fence whether or not I should order the r2 LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, and PREDATOR special editions. I realize the the LHOTL version will be cut, but I just want it for the features, same with PREDATOR. As I already own the MGM r1 release of LHOTL, I'm skeptical about just waiting for a possible re-release of PREDATOR here. Has anyone heard about a possible PREDATOR spec.ed? what are the features like on either of them? Also, what's a good site (that will ship to Canada, of course) to buy them from. I ordered THEY LIVE & DIE ANOTER DAY from dvdworld.co.uk without any problems, but other suggestins would be appreciated. Thanks for any feedback folks! [​IMG]

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

You can always buy the special edition of Predator from Japan. Predator - The Ultimate Edition has all the extras, no edits, and is NTSC. Otherwise, the special edition of Predator is also available in R3 Hong Kong and R3 Korea. Again no cuts and NTSC.

3. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

No advantage, I just listed it first.

The Korean release is the same and is cheap at 14.00 plus S&H through www.koreandvds.com right now.

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

The R1 Last House disc is very good, it's obviously uncut and the special features are pretty decent also.

6. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

If you are talking about the Arnold movie (Predator) then get the R4 Special Edition DVD (2 Discs). It's the same as the R2-PAL, but R4 is way cheaper. One of my favorite special editions.

7. Werner Heimmer

Last House on The Left

The UK Region 2 is cut. The other Region 2 discs available are uncut but are NOWHERE near as good as the Region 1 release.

8. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Chris,
    Where did you order yours from? I'm not too familiar with any R4 sites.

Werner,
    I figured that the R2 version of LHOTL would be cut, but I just want it for the features. In terms of the movie itself, I'm very happy with the transfer on the MGM R1 disc.