What's new

Last House/Left & Predator SE R2,any good? (1 Viewer)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello eveyone,
For the past while I've been sitting on the fence whether or not I should order the r2 LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, and PREDATOR special editions. I realize the the LHOTL version will be cut, but I just want it for the features, same with PREDATOR. As I already own the MGM r1 release of LHOTL, I'm skeptical about just waiting for a possible re-release of PREDATOR here. Has anyone heard about a possible PREDATOR spec.ed? what are the features like on either of them? Also, what's a good site (that will ship to Canada, of course) to buy them from. I ordered THEY LIVE & DIE ANOTER DAY from dvdworld.co.uk without any problems, but other suggestins would be appreciated. Thanks for any feedback folks! :D

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
You can always buy the special edition of Predator from Japan. Predator - The Ultimate Edition has all the extras, no edits, and is NTSC. Otherwise, the special edition of Predator is also available in R3 Hong Kong and R3 Korea. Again no cuts and NTSC.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
You can always buy the special edition of Predator from Japan. Predator - The Ultimate Edition has all the extras, no edits, and is NTSC. Otherwise, the special edition of Predator is also available in R3 Hong Kong and R3 Korea. Again no cuts and NTSC.
What's the advantage of buying it from Japan other than the fact that it's more expensive?

Jeff

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The R1 Last House disc is very good, it's obviously uncut and the special features are pretty decent also.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
If you are talking about the Arnold movie (Predator) then get the R4 Special Edition DVD (2 Discs). It's the same as the R2-PAL, but R4 is way cheaper. One of my favorite special editions.

Last House on The Left

The UK Region 2 is cut. The other Region 2 discs available are uncut but are NOWHERE near as good as the Region 1 release.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Chris,
Where did you order yours from? I'm not too familiar with any R4 sites.

Werner,
I figured that the R2 version of LHOTL would be cut, but I just want it for the features. In terms of the movie itself, I'm very happy with the transfer on the MGM R1 disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks