What's new

Laserdiscs worth buying? (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I am a DVD nut, and have a collection of over300 titles, I was one of the many HTF'ers who was recently compelled to buy a LD player, for the specific purpose of owning the Star Wars Trilogy. When a friend gave me his whole LD collection, I ended up owning a TON of titles. I only intend on keeping the best few. The extra content and lush packaging of LD has a strong appeal, and I am looking for titles that offer something special. My current collection includes:
Star Wars: Definitive Collection
Star Wars Trilogy: 1989 WS Pressings
Blade Runner Criterion (Theatrical Cut)
King Kong Criterion (includes commentary)
Lawrence of Arabia Criterion
Bram Stoker's Dracula (includes commentary)
Raiders of The Lost Ark WS
IJ and the Last Crusade WS
Jaws: Signature Collection
Grand Prix
Hearts of Darkness
The Great Escape (inludes John Sturges commentary)
Poltergeist (includes making of)
THX Wow!
All of these titles have that certain special something. Are there any other discs I should get? Ones that have commentary or special features not available on DVD? A few I know of are:
The Frighteners Signature Collection
Halloween (w commentary)
The Game Criterion

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Search past threads. There's already a few where everybody mentioned laserdiscs worth owning (i.e. aren't on DVD or DVDs don't have LD extras).

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I have searched many threads, and I have come up with no new ideas, that why a started a new thread. I especially like horror and sci fi.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
If you like the Alamo there is a LD box set that contains over 30 minutes of footage not on the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks