What's new

Las Vegas at the end of July... (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
I don't go to Vegas to swim either though we might. I have no doubt it will be warm enough if we decide to but from what I am hearing nightfall will be a different story and jackets or even sweaters will be needed. Now I am not cold-natured but my wife on the other hand... I think to be on the safe side we will both pack shorts and long pants/sleeves.
I have stayed at Luxor twice, we liked everything about it except that the water pressure on the 27th floor was almost non-existent and being afraid (mindfull rather) of heights, when you walk out your room there is a small wall separating you from 27 stories of the wide open atrium, kinda spooky. Their elevators are called "inclinators" and you can feel yourself being pulled sideways as you go up.
We've decided to stay at Paris this time just for variety, i'm thinking i'm going to like the proximity to Bellagio water show and the south end of the strip in general.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
The dry heat thing is a myth. The first time I went to Vegas was in the fall. It was 100 degrees & felt like it. I think having the humidity so low when it's that hot is bad for you - you need a gallon of water every few minutes to keep from passing out.

Also, besides the concrete around the pool being hot enough to burn your feet, the water will be so hot that it won't be a relief at all (unless maybe the pool is completely in the shade, which is unlikely). It would be more like a hot tub than a pool.

LewB

Screenwriter
I've been at hotel pools twice during the summer in Vegas (MGM Grand and the Frontier). Both were cool and refreshing and in direct sunlight. I can only assume that the pools have chillers or something like that, otherwise the water would be uncomfortably warm.

mylan

Screenwriter
OK, remember, we're going Sept. 18-22 so I wouldn't think the pools would be so warm as to not to enjoy. My pool got up to 90-91 and it was fine, however, we might not even go in. My question was concerning the night-time temps in nine days from now. It is supposed to be 67-68 at night and without humidity as we have in GA. I have been told that the nights get cool really fast. We don't want to take our whole wardrobe but we do want to dress appropriately.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D

Sept 18-22. During the day,shorts and t-shirt. During the night,shorts and t-shirt.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Agreed.

We usually go in late November/early December and even then a light jacket for evening over a long sleeve shirt is all I've ever needed.

Alex-C

Screenwriter

That is all I ever pack for Vegas. Maybe a silk/rayon Hawaii type shirt in lieu of a t-shirt.

Also, my .02: bring or get a chapstick/lip balm. Whenever I go to Vega$ or Reno, by the end of the first night I am usually so dried out (mostly due to drinking, but the weather too), my lips are bone dry. I hate that waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night experience and feeling your sandpaper lips.

I also keep a bottle of water on the nightstand. You'll thank me at 5 am.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
5am is when i go to bed,lol. Go see the fab four at the Aladdin is they are there,a very good and fun show and not overpriced.

mylan

Screenwriter
I'm packing the shorts but I did go out and buy a pair of nice twill pants and a button down shirt for our anniversary dinner. I draw the line at a tie but I do want to look nice.
Man, I can't hang till 5 am anymore, we both used to work night shift and it was no prob, now, we are dragging ass by midnight!
We will take the lip balm, thanks for the recommendation and water too, maybe i'll get my water in from the melting ice cubes in my drink ;)

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Nice place to eat,top of Binnions. Great food,nice service and no better view and make it around sunset or after.

mylan

Screenwriter
Gotcha, thanks. I've been scoping locations out. Might do the Eiffel Tower resturant the day of our anniversary and hit the observation deck but will give Binnions a try as well.
B.T.W. I love your avatar!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks