Ladybugs in my Sony KP-57WS510

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ClaytonMG, Feb 10, 2004.

1. ClaytonMG

ClaytonMG Stunt Coordinator

I have no idea how to keep bugs from getting in to the TV. On our last projection TV, we only had bugs in it like twice. But we've had this TV for about a month and this is the 6th time a bug has been on the inside of the screen. Is there anyway of keeping them out??

Clayton

2. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

Are these the same $*&@'ing japanese beetles I am so happily fighting with? [​IMG]

I don't have a RPTV (yet), but I vacuum up at least 30 a day from around my place...

3. ClaytonMG

Yup, that would be them. I've been killing them nonstop for like a year now.

Clayton

4. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I went on a two week summer vacation and when I came back my house was infested with tiny little black beetles. They were found in everything from lamps to windows, to closets.

What solved the problem was buying those small fumigators. (cans that release a fog of poison)

I just set them off in each room and left the house for a day and then the bugs never came back.

That might solve the problem, unless the bugs are coming in from a crack or open vent in which case you'd have to caulk some seals and close the vents.

5. ClaytonMG

We were actually thinking of doing something like that, but we also have a cat so we don't want to do anything that could hurt her. But we might end up having to keep her out of the house somehow for a day.

Clayton