What's new

Ladybugs in my Sony KP-57WS510 (1 Viewer)

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
I have no idea how to keep bugs from getting in to the TV. On our last projection TV, we only had bugs in it like twice. But we've had this TV for about a month and this is the 6th time a bug has been on the inside of the screen. Is there anyway of keeping them out??

Clayton

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Are these the same $*&@'ing japanese beetles I am so happily fighting with? :angry:

I don't have a RPTV (yet), but I vacuum up at least 30 a day from around my place...

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, that would be them. I've been killing them nonstop for like a year now.

Clayton

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I went on a two week summer vacation and when I came back my house was infested with tiny little black beetles. They were found in everything from lamps to windows, to closets.

What solved the problem was buying those small fumigators. (cans that release a fog of poison)

I just set them off in each room and left the house for a day and then the bugs never came back.

That might solve the problem, unless the bugs are coming in from a crack or open vent in which case you'd have to caulk some seals and close the vents.

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
We were actually thinking of doing something like that, but we also have a cat so we don't want to do anything that could hurt her. But we might end up having to keep her out of the house somehow for a day.

Clayton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks