Lacking Motivation Right Now

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I have 5 classes this semester. I like 3/5 of them. The other two frustrate me because the teachers have not defined specific objectives for the day-to-day tasks. I have a test in one of these "bad" classes tomorrow (technically today) that I've only studied an hour for. Even though I plan to grind out some studying before the test, I know it's gonna be hard to do (study that is). This time last year, even with teachers I didn't work well with, I didn't mind the work. Maybe it's because I'm a junior, and I'm feeling the monotony of business classes. Maybe it's the 1,000,000 distractions in a cool house with 8 guys. I dunno. Plus it's like -5 wind chill outside!

Thanks for letting me vent. HTF rules.

Catch the new Car of the Week thread (sneak peak: Toyota 4runner, oooo) sometime Friday (today).

2. Will Pomeroy

Will Pomeroy Stunt Coordinator

I'm in the opposite of your position (kind of). I just sat down about 90 mins ago to start a physics asignment, and after the first question took me about 30 mins to do (there is 10 questions total) I quickly because discouraged. But i'm so glad to say that i re-read the assingment, in a form of procrastination, and realized that its not due till next week! So i'm pretty stoked, and i'm looking forward to sleeping in a skipping that class tomorrow.

ohhhh yeah!

oh, and good luck on your test, SUCKER! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (seriously, good luck)

3. David_Moechnig

David_Moechnig Stunt Coordinator

While on the subject of college classes I was wondering if there are any engineering students out there? I'm a mechanical engineer at University of Missouri-Rolla. I am also taking 5 classes (15 dredit hours) and am completely stoked about all but 1 of them. I'm taking Thermofluid Mechanics, Differential Equations, Machine Dynamics, Machine Design, and Applied Thermodynamics. Diff. Eq. is the class that I am not very excited about as I have grown not so fond of strictly math classes.

David