What's new

kung fu on the ps2 - recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i'm getting my boys a ps2 for x-mas ... which of course means i'm getting a ps2 for myself! :)

anyway, i was wondering if you could recommend a great kung-fu (tekken style) game?

if it would also work well for 8 year olds, then that would be a bonus.

thx!

ted

---

ps - we're also getting a gamecube, so if you can think of one for that platform, then that would be okay too!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
if you could recommend a great kung-fu (tekken style) game?
I take it you mean fighting games correct Ted?

If so the PS2 has quite the selection. If your a Tekken fan you can give Tekken 3 and 4 (both of which are only 19.99) a try. Soul Calibur 2 is also an easy recommendation. Its fun to pick up and play and I'm sure you'll have a blast with it. Also easily recommendable is Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (also 19.99). Best fighting game there is out there but also has a very steep learning curve.

I would also recommend (if your into wrestling/fighting) Def Jam Vendetta (great fighting engine by AKI) and even moreso WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain which is the best wrestling game released since the N64 AKi games.

One last recommendation for you would be Guilty Gear XX. Phemoninal 2D fighter thats worth looking into. Hopefully that gives you a start Ted. Good luck!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
wow romier! great list, thanks very much. and at those prices i can afford to explore! :emoji_thumbsup:

i gotta admit you have my curiosity peaked with the smackdown game. :b

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
No PS2 collection should suffer the indignity of not containing Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution and Guilty Gear XX. They are two of the best PS2 games around. Guilty Gear XX would be tougher to find, but is worth it if you like 2D fighters. (And if you have a 480p-capable tv, it is gorgeous).

War of the Monsters is pretty different, yet accessible fighter and is a heckuva lot of fun.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks