What's new

Kudos to Boston Acoustics (1 Viewer)

No tech questions or reviews here...just want to give kudos where it's due.

I have an old set of Boston A150s (circa 1987) that I want to use for HT. I sent BA an e-mail asking if they had any advice on whether the speakers could be matched to any of their current products. I received back a response within two hours that talked in detail about my old speakers and which speakers in their current line were constructed similarly. Absolutely fantastic tech support...after 15 years!

Just something to keep in mind when you are shopping for speakers.

cheers,

Steve

mctague

Stunt Coordinator
Good to hear, as I've got a pair of T830s from '89 or '90 that I would like to use to build out a bedroom system....though the wife may not approve of the basic-black finish. :frowning:

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
boston acoustics never seems to get its' just credit on the forum. their tech support is amazing and the speakers are built to last. we have a pair of old A70 two ways that to me is still the best two ways i have heard period. in comparing bostons to other brands like def techs, and paradigm i always go back to bostons. the high ends are very clear, the mids are smooth and the bass is tight. don't get me wrong, paradigms and def techs are great but i simply think bostons are overall (with all things taken into account) just as good if not better than anything else in the same price range. i know this hardly anything to do with the original post but whenever i see BA's for a thread topic i get excited.:D

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yep. I have a pair of Boston Acoustics A70 II's and they were a fine speaker for many years. I will be parting with them but would love to find a pair of T1000 or T1030's for a music room, coupled with a nice powerful amp :)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i've always loved the sound of boston acoustics, although i've only really had their car speakers. wouldn't put any other brand in my car. i always thought i would go with their speakers for home audio as well, but i'm starting out with paradigm reference 20's. probably mainly just to try something different i guess, although i do love the way they sound. love the boston vrm speakers i've heard also.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I want to find a pair of Boston Acoustics T1030's. Where could I find something like that? They haven't been manufactured since 1994!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks